Job Title: Project Officer (3 Career Jobs)
Project Name: USAID Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations to build sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches.
About USAID MAPD Program:
The Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD) is a five-year project funded by U.S Agency for International Development (USAID)/PMI. The project aims to prevent and control Malaria illnesses and deaths in order to minimize the social economic effects of the disease among the overall population of Uganda especially in children under-5 years of age.
Job Summary: The Project Officer will be the primary implementer of Jhpiego project activities in designated district. The incumbent will work closely with district based stakeholders and key district local government offices to ensure proper execution of project activities and within the district operational plans. The jobholder will work in close collaboration with the Program Management team, including the RMNCH Program manager and other technical staff to contribute to continuity across program implementation areas and service delivery with emphasis on: Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health. The project officer will also work in collaboration with Other Jhpiego country programs to ensure synergies among Jhpiego projects with designated districts. S/he will work with the RMNCH Manager to ensure comprehensive technical and programmatic support in programming and smooth development, implementation and monitoring of project work plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take lead in the implementation of Project activities focused on RMNCAH in designated districts
· Work closely with district based Stakeholders in the implementation of RMNCAH activities and ensure maximum service integration
· Prepare and submit to the supervisor monthly and quarterly RMNCAH programmatic implementation plans as per the project work plan
· Prepare and submit to the supervisor monthly RMNCAH programmatic reports
· Manage and be responsible for program data at all supported health facilities and form partner community based organizations
· Collaborate with the Ministry of Health, district health officers , partners and other relevant stakeholders to implement quality improvement initiatives in RMNCAH in the designated districts
· Actively contribute to documenting project success stories during routine programming
· Work closely with the Program Manager to regularly document scientific papers and abstracts in the project implementation areas.
· Represent the project in district technical forums and meetings with MoH and the other relevant partners as assigned by the supervisor
· Foster maximal collaboration and learning with other national and district based partners within the project area for maximum leverage
· Work closely with Finance , administration and procurement offices in ensuring programmatic finances are accounted for in a timely manner in tandem to Jhpiego policies and for maximum compliance
· Play a coordination and project representation role within the District and health sub district level of program implementation.
· Perform any other duties as necessary and as assigned by immediate supervisor
· Develop work plans, budgets
· Prepare monthly and quarterly activity reports
· Work with Knowledge management teams to periodically document project work and success stories
· Work in liaison with Monitoring, Evaluation and research teams in conducting project related survey and research, and share project results through publications and conference abstracts.
· Work in close collaboration with financial staff, prepare and track the progress of project and activity budgets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Jhpiego Project Officer should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a medical degree (doctor or nursing) humanities or MPH
· At least three years’ experience in project management, clinical care or equivalent experience.
· Previous experience with MOH National and local government systems
· Experience of working on USAID, UN agency funded project
· Ability to work well with others and a team player
· Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and report writing skills.
· Ability to manage projects, set priorities, and plans for the successful implementation of programs.
· Technical, programming and basic management skills
· Ability to travel to 50% time
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans are encouraged to apply online by uploading an updated resume, cover letter and three professional references at the web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline