Organisation: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: MUWRP-026/016
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda. Activities include; vaccine development and building of vaccine testing capability in Uganda, conducting of epidemiological and basic research and provision of HIV Treatment, care and support in Kayunga, Mukono and Buvuma Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Directly participate or supervise all Genexpert proficiency testing (PT) panel, selecting appropriate PT testing items, performing particular types of sampling.
· Prepare list of PT clientele, handle and distribute the PT materials
· Prepare or participate in review of feedback and performance reports by evaluating the performance of PT participants, operating data processing system and statistical analysis, give opinions, interpretations and recommendations of the performance of the Genexpert PT scheme before submission to the PT scheme manager.
· Ensure proper use and maintenance of related equipment
· Prepare or participate in review quarterly PT work plans and reports for genotypic DST PT scheme before submission to the PT coordinator
· Ensure PT scheme schedule is strictly followed
· Actively participates in quarterly performance meetings for the PT team or any other assigned
· Carry out External Quality Assessment and supervision visits in the field as directed by the supervisor
· Carry out and document quality assurance and quality control activities to ensure stability and homogeneity
· Uncertainties of the measurements of the proficiency test items
· Develop and review policies, procedures, guidelines and protocals related to PT scheme
· Follow laboratory safety policies and practices
· Conduct laboratory procedures including sample reception, processing, analysis, data entry, archiving and shipping in accordance to approved Standard Operating Procedures
· In charge of the maintenance of equipment and their respective documentation
· Adheres to the HR SOP and ethical code of conduct
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Proficiency Testing Scheme Coordinator must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Laboratory technology or health related degree from a recognized University/Institution
· The applicant must be licensed by the Allied Health Professionals Council (AHPC)
· A minimum of two years’ experience working in TB culture Laboratory
· Two years’ experience working in ISO 15189 accredited laboratory
· One year of experience in conducting External quality assurance or any program coordination related activities
· Should have knowledge on ISO 17043 standard
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should download the application form, download here, attach it together with application letters, CVs, Photocopies of academic qualifications and three professional referees. The position number (Check top of advert) and preferred location should clearly be stated in the application letter.
Please send applications to:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Plot 42 Nakasero Road.
P.O. Box 16524 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 17th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline