Job Title: Catering Officer (3 Fresher Career Jobs)
Organization: Education Service Commission (ESC)
Duty Station: Uganda
HRM 48/185/01 Vol. 36 (050) for 2 Technical Institutes (Kabasada Technical Institute and Butaleja Technical Institute)
HRM 48/185/01 Vol. 36 (056) for UTC Lira
The Education Service Commission (ESC) is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate. The vision of Education Service Commission is to see “quality education delivered by efficient and effective education service personnel.”
Job Summary: The Catering Officer will manage the preparation of meals and serving of food and ensure that kitchen equipment is in good condition
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Guide the administration on purchase of food stuffs and dinning equipment
· Manage the purchase of food stuffs and laundry equipment
· Plan students menu, meals, food orders and delivery schedules
· Keep a record of all non consumable and consumable items in the kitchen and dinning
· Organize kitchen activities according to meal time schedules
· Supervise staff in the kitchen and dinning
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Catering Officer jobs should preferably hold diplomas in Hotel Management and Institutional Catering from a recognized institution.
· Relevant working experience is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Education Service Commission P.O. Box 7196, Kampala, Uganda. The forms can be picked from Education Service Commission Offices, 1st Floor Farmers House on Parliamentary Avenue, Kampala, Ministry of Education & Sports Headquarters, Kampala and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the ESC website, download here.
The complete applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post. Applicants should attach certified copies of their certificates and transcripts and any relevant document(s) plus three recent passport size photographs on each of the application forms. Serving officers must route their applications through their Head of Institution / Department, who should be advised on the closing date to ensure submission within the deadline.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline