Job Title: Finance Admin Officer (3 Job Placements)
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Finance Admin Officer will be responsible for assisting in implementing the overall accounting and financial control systems for the project. S/he is also responsible for using adequate and appropriate internal controls to meet generally recognized accounting standards. As part of your responsibility, you will supervise two Finance Assistants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Finance Admin Officer will offer support in the preparation/ development of field monthly financial reports which includes QB postings, bank reconciliations, journal entries preparation, personal advances, balance reports, grand summary sheets, supporting payment vouchers, petty cash journal and summarized expenditure etc. Ensure expenses are in accordance with U.S. government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable), and URC policies and procedures.
· Ensure that all project-related transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as per URC system of Chart of Accounts.
· Ensure timely preparation and processing of payments by ensuring that all payments are reasonable, allowable, allocable to the project. This includes liaising with procurement to ensure that all payments are adequately supported.
· Carry out banking transactions which includes, cash withdrawals, check deposits, EFTs etc. while strictly observing the laid down cash handling procedure.
· Ensure that internal controls pertaining online banking & Mobile money are tightened to mitigate risks.
· Following up to ensure that all prior period un-reconciled transactions i.e. un-cleared deposits, un-cleared checks etc. are reconciled as soon as possible and flagging out any long outstanding transactions.
· As part of the finance team, ensure that URC financial management policies and procedures and USAID regulations are strictly adhered to. This includes ensuring that all policy directives and various checklists circulated by HQ are implemented.
· The incumbent will supervise the management of petty cash fund by reviewing (for accuracy) and processing petty cash and bank vouchers.
· Work closely with Finance Officer to address all field report review comments from home office including providing feedback for missing vouchers and outstanding information following review of payment documentation.
· Offer support in the preparation of monthly cash projections for submission to home office under the direction of the Finance Director. This also includes Bi weekly wire confirmations.
· Support the management of personnel payroll and benefits accounting.
· Support review of financial reports and documentation from sub grantees as needed, under the direction of Finance & Director
· Work closely with the Grants department to ensure that sub grantee accountabilities and reconciliations are properly documented and journalized in QBs.
· Work as part of the finance team to ensure that all project financial and accounting tasks are accomplished accurately and in a timely manner.
· Maintain close coordination with URC project staff on financial matters and advise them, as appropriate, on matters requiring their attention.
· Assist in periodic inventory/ asset and stores audit and advice the Finance and Director accordingly.
· Guide senior management on any areas with potential to impact on systems of internal controls and procedures. Other accounting, financial and administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope of this position.
· Perform any other task assigned by supervisor and/ or Chief of Party.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Finance Admin Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Management, or other relevant field.
· Professional accounting certification i.e. Level 2 ACCA or CPA
· A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the financial management of large donor-funded development programs (USAID desirable).
· Broad knowledge of US Government cost accounting and procurement procedures.
· Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills.
· Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline