Organisation: Youth Alive Uganda
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Kampala and Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Youth Alive Uganda was started by a group of youth under the guidance of Sr. Dr. Miriam Duggan in Kamwokya, a Kampala suburb which was severely affected by a diversity of social and health problems, chief among them HIV& AIDS. The group realized that the most infected and affected were youth; mainly adolescents and young adults. In response, a youth friendly HIV prevention strategy was designed resulting in the foundation of Youth Alive Uganda, Starting as a peer support group. As more groups were established, the first one became the Secretariat on 1 July 1993 and fully registered as an NGO in 1995. Youth Alive Uganda has since then spread to 17 other African countries and still continues to spread.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
Youth Alive is a consortium partner IN implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the Project Manager in designing and coordinating livelihood/agri-business & OVC support programs for beneficiaries of the program.
· The incumbent will support formation and registration of youth associations/cooperatives.
· Build the capacity of CSOs to undertake policy advocacy work
· Offer support in tailoring curriculums, guides and materials for the integrated youth curriculum
· Take lead in training, mentoring, coaching youth associations to facilitate knowledge acquisition, paradigm shift and develop skills.
· Assist in compiling periodic program reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Youth Technical Field Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’ degree in Agribusiness, Humanities or its equivalent
· A minimum of two years’ experience in planning and implementing livelihood/ agribusiness & OVC youth programs.
· Prior exposure and experience with international projects for livelihood, agribusiness & OVC programming.
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
· Ability to manage high volume workload.
· Previous experience in facilitating the Youth Alive EFL Curriculum is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications either by hand delivery to the office of the Executive Director: Plot 148B, Old Kira Road, Kamwokya, Kampala OR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 4th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline