Job Title: Project Officers (2 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B)
Reports to: Country Director
Duty Station: Bugiri and Mbale, Uganda
World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B) is a Non-Governmental Organization that helps families and children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS to access the comprehensive support and care they need to grow into healthy adults.
Job Summary: The Project Officer will provide overall technical and management oversight to the project which includes managing district based partner relations and ensuring technical excellence and sound management. The incumbent will represent the Project Manager to Local Government and other key stakeholders. He/She shall be responsible for managing implementation of the project activities in Bugiri or Mbale.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Programme Development and Implementation:
· Provide overall technical and management oversight for project district activities which includes managing district based partner relations and ensuring technical excellence and sound management
· Inculcate results-based management and planning approaches to help ensure that targets are met in a timely fashion and that barriers to high quality programming are identified and resolved
· Work in liaison with the procurement, finance and/or other administrative or operational teams to ensure that processes are well understood and that bottlenecks are resolved to avoid programming delays
· Liaise and work closely with schools, Local Government and relevant Sectors in the development, roll out, assessment, revision of models to promote harmonization with national policies
Training and Development:
· Plan and coordinate the implementation of platforms to prevent in-school girls (aged 15-20) from dropping out together with Prevention and Economic Empowerment Clubs (PEECs).
· Plan and coordinate the implementation of platforms to respond to girls (aged 15-20) who have dropped out of school
· Provide support for girls supported by the project and their families to join VSLAs and other platforms for economic resilience
· Work closely with partner CSOs and relevant district departments to ensure mapping, identification and effective support for target girls and families.
· Plan and coordinate the strengthening of facility- community referral systems in line with case management approach and the case management actors to strengthen linkage and access to basic services by households and adolescent girls.
Representation, Networking and Advocacy:
· Represent World Education/Bantwana in technical district program-related meetings, OVC meetings, and other collaborative events.
· The incumbent will strengthen collaboration within formal and non- formal child protection service providers to ensure comprehensive service delivery to vulnerable households.
· Actively promote synergies across programs and partners through collaboration and technical exchange visits between teams
Project monitoring, documentation and reporting:
· Work closely with the M&E team in tracking and reporting related targets
· Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly/annual district reports detailing periodic activities and outcomes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Project Officer jobs must hold Post Graduate Degrees
· At least three to five years’ experience in community development, OVC, health, social welfare, development studies, gender studies or education.
· Previous exposure and experience implementing community health activities in the field with a focus on adolescent girls and young women preferred.
· A confident self-starter who displays initiative, creativity and strategic thinking
· Broad knowledge and understanding of gender dynamics and issues affecting girls’ education and adolescent development
· Experience or willingness to tackle sensitive subjects concerning girls’ education, early marriage, teen pregnancy with community members, schools, caregivers, local authorities, etc.
· Experience working as part of a multi program organization
· Good knowledge of administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of sub awards and contracts.
· Good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required. Numerical skills for data analysis are required
· Proven skills and experience leading/working across technical teams, networking, facilitation and strategic thinking
· Good knowledge of case management, community- facility linkages, integration of multiple programmes, national child policies and programmes.
· High levels of integrity and commitment to growing leadership and management skills
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
· Previous exposure to planning and managing surveys, developing data collection tool, and data quality
· Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers.
· Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for evaluations.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
· Fluent in oral and written English and excellent writing skills
· Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and ability to cope with tight deadlines;
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B) are encouraged to apply via E-mail only be sending an updated CV and cover letter to: Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 1:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline