Organisation: Build Africa
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Area Program Manager
Build Africa is an International NGO that has been operational in Uganda since 1996. Build Africa Uganda (BAU) programmes focus on Education and Livelihood improvement. BAU currently works in 13 j districts with its field programs coordinated through two Area offices located in Kumi and Masindi. Build Africa is currently implementing a number of projects from different donors.
Job Summary: The Project Officer - Education will have field level responsibility for the implementation of the Project. The job-holder will offer timely technical and operational oversight for the project implementation and will be expected to continually observe the day-to-day effectiveness of the project delivery, noting and reporting any areas where improvements are possible. S/he will work with the Project Assistant in carrying out the agreed project activities, including Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities. S/he will work closely with the project partners, and reports to the Area Program Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the Project Officer - Education Job Vacancies should preferably hold degrees in Education, Development Studies, Social work and Community based development
· A minimum of three years of related work experience on development projects, preferably with an INGO.
· Proven experience and technical knowledge of managing community and primary school focused education projects
· Working knowledge and experience of MEL approaches, methods and tools
· Broad knowledge and understanding of project cycle management including budget management and financial management
· Previous exposure and experience of directly working with communities and children
· Should be proactive in thinking and able to question the status quo
· Awareness of Child Safeguarding issues
· A person of high integrity that will follow BAU's core values and adhere to a zero tolerance on waste and corruption.
· Previous experience of planning, developing and facilitating training
· Highly organised with strong attention to detail for accuracy
· Effective communication and listening skills.
· Excellent planning skills for programs and finance budgeting
· Good report writing and computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Ability to ride a motor cycle with a valid riding permit
· Good team player who shows creativity and innovation.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Ability to work under sometimes harsh difficult condition
· Willingness to speak up and proactively raise issues
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV/resume which should include your contact information and three professional referees, state your current salary and expectations. Send to;
The Human Resources Officer, Kampala or
Email to: email@example.com
Physically submit applications to the address below;
Build Africa Uganda- Kampala (Head Office), Plot 431 & 424, Central Zone, Off Gaba Road, P.O Box 7224 Kampala. Tel 0414 267828
Build Africa Uganda- Kumi, Plot 28 Liang Road,
P.O. Box 350 Kumi. Tel 0392 769648
Build Africa Uganda- Masindi, Plot 2 Kabalega Crescent,
P.O. Box 66 Masindi. Tel 0465420171
Deadline: 14th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline