Organization: Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager ICT
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities which was established in 1996 in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is:” To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.”
Job Summary: The Warden Software Development will design, develop and install software solutions for the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of reviewing the current software systems.
· Producing specifications and determining operational feasibility.
· Responsible for developing software components into a fully-functional software system.
· Executing all lifecycle software development plans and quality assurance procedures.
· In charge of documenting and maintaining software functionality.
· The jobholder will also be testing products in controlled, real solutions before going live,
· Tailoring and deploying software tools, processes and metrics,
· Sensitizing staff about the software and preparing training materials for their use.
· Tasked with periodic upgrading of the soft ware to suit the prevailing circumstances.
· Perform any other duty as assigned by Management and or Manager ICT from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UWA Warden Software Development job placement must hold an Honors Bachelor of Science Degree in either software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or the equivalent from a recognized University or Institution.
· A minimum of three (3) years hands on experience in an environment with shared resources.
· Broad knowledge of Internetworking tools more especially an understanding of the TCP/IP Protocol.
· Previous exposure and experience in disaster recovery procedures, troubleshooting in both software & hardware problems.
· Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases.
· Mastery in software engineering tools
· Ability to work with minimum Supervision.
· Team building skills
· Ethics and integrity skills;
· Good public relationship and customer care skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Good time management skills
· Age: Below 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs and three (3) competent referees with daytime telephone contact addressed and submitted to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda Wildlife Authority,
Plot 7 Kira Road, Kamwokya
P.O. Box 3530 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, please note that any form of lobbing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 28th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline