Job Title: Program Assistant (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Job Summary: The Program Assistant will provide support to project staff with the overall aim of ensuring smooth functioning of operations and project activities. S/he is an integral part of the administrative team and will work closely with senior and technical staff to ensure project needs are met.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will prepare invitations for trainings and workshops and follow-up with participants as needed
· Offer support in the preparation of materials and logistics for outside trainings, workshops, and special events
· The incumbent will develop checklist for required training materials and equipment with technical lead and prepare corresponding requests
· Ensure training teams have required materials and equipment packed prior to training and returned to stores/inventory following the training
· Prepare and distribute per diem and transportation payments to training participants and organize required supporting documentation
· Manage logistics for meetings and workshops including organization of lunch/tea, preparation of the meeting space/equipment, welcome participants, and materials preparation
· Maintain electronic and paper files of program communications, materials, and health unit specific documents
· Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor and other senior staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Program Assistant job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Management, Business, Social Sciences, or other relevant field
· A minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience in office administration
· Computer literacy i.e. knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software desired
· Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable
· Excellent inter-personal communication skills
· Excellent organization skills desired
· Fluency in both oral and written English is desired
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline