Job Title: Youth Officer (2 Fresher Social Work Jobs)
Organisation: Youth Alive Uganda
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Report to: Youth Advisor
Youth Alive Uganda was started by a group of youth under the guidance of Sr. Dr. Miriam Duggan in Kamwokya, a Kampala suburb which was severely affected by a diversity of social and health problems, chief among them HIV&AIDS. The group realized that the most infected and affected were youth; mainly adolescents and young adults. In response, a youth friendly HIV prevention strategy was designed resulting in the foundation of Youth Alive Uganda, Starting as a peer support group. As more groups were established, the first one became the Secretariat on 1 July 1993 and fully registered as an NGO in 1995. Youth Alive Uganda has since then spread to 17 other African countries and still continues to spread.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
Youth Alive is a consortium partner in implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Youth Officer will support the Youth Advisor in designing and coordinating Health/OVC support programs for youth beneficiaries of the project.
· Assist in tailoring curriculums, guides & materials for the integrated youth curriculum
· Take lead in training, mentoring, coaching community & CSO structures to facilitate knowledge acquisition and develop skills.
· Carry out TNA among the District Based Trainers (DBTs)/VHTs & recommend to the Youth Advisor competence based training programs.
· Establish a systems approach in working & collaborating with schools, families, peers and communities to respond to the health needs of the most vulnerable youth.
· Offer support in compiling periodic project reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Youth Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s in Humanities
· A minimum of two years’ experience in designing and implementing Health/OVC youth programs.
· Previous exposure and experience in facilitating the Youth Alive EFL Curriculum is an added advantage
· Previous exposure and experience with USAID projects for health & OVC programming.
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in the use of Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
· Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
· Ability to manage high volume workload.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications either by hand delivery to the office of the Executive Director: Plot 148B, Old Kira Road, Kamwokya, Kampala OR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 4th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline