Job Title: Data Officer (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: M & E Officer
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a Company limited by guarantee under Makerere University. MJAP emerged from the Mulago-Mbarara Teaching Hospitals Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) which was established in November 2004 under the then Makerere University Faculty of Medicine with funding from the US President’s Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and technical assistance from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). MJAP is currently implementing a five year Grant under the Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief II (PEPFAR II) supporting the provision of comprehensive HIV/AIDS services including integration of these services in the broader health context in line with the Global Health Initiative (GHI) while strengthening all the Health System Components in the partner institutions to enhance their capacity to provide these services.
Job Summary: The Data Officer will mainly determine the suitable database analysis software; enter data that is used to generate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for MJAP activities in accordance with MOH guidelines and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive and review raw data on the different program activities on a daily basis
· Enter data into the appropriate program databases on daily basis according to the approved format
· Create data cleaning queries to free data from any anomalies according to the data analysis procedures
· Back up data and add password to the different databases used for data entry on a daily basis in line with the data security procedures
· Conduct simple analysis on MJAP activities and document brief reports on weekly and monthly basis to inform the development of quarterly reports for the various stakeholders
· Devise and implement a mechanism for safeguarding computer hardware and other accessories assigned to Data Officers
· Provide on-going support to the data collectors in proper data collection and documentation procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science/ Information Technology or (a community based course)
· Specialized training in data management, analysis and interpretation is an added advantage
· One to two years working experience in data management
· Good computer skills and knowledge of common Statistical analysis and database management packages Ms Access, Ms Excel, STATA, SPSS, EPiDATA
· Broad knowledge and understanding of computer data input equipment and error resolution in data entry
· High level of confidentiality, accuracy and team work
· Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and organizational skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their applications, detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic documents addressed to: The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 20th October, 2016 by 5:00 PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline