Job Title: Admission Officers (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: Victoria University (VU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Victoria University is a state-of-the- art world class cosmopolitan university located in the heart of Kampala with a multi-cultural student population and are licensed and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), offering the best practical and high quality education in the regional markets. Victoria University stands out as a pivot of academic excellence, with a fresh and intellectually thriving environment that nurtures critical and progressive thinkers. Our programmes include: - Foundation Program; Certificate & Short Courses, Diploma Courses; Under Graduate Programs, Executive & Professional Programs such as IP3 Accredited Certifications.
Job Summary: The Admission Officers will provide technical support in the planning, organization and management of activities related to student admission, registration, teaching and assessment, curriculum development and academic records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offers technical support in the development and implementation of university policies, rules and regulations in regard to student’s academic and administrative management;
· Supervises the receipt of students’ academic records, evaluates and certifies all graduation applications to ensure adherence to University rules, regulations and guidelines for a complete graduation process and ceremony;
· Coordinates the collection, recording, maintenance and reporting of student academic records within the university policies, rules, regulations and guidelines;
· Participates in the admission of students to the university and submits student enrolment to University Registrar;
· Offers support in the preparation and conduct of ceremonies relating to the convocation and graduation of students;
· Actively participates in programmes and activities aimed at the professional growth and development of the academic staff of the university in liaison w ith the management of the faculties and academic departments;
· The incumbent initiates reviews aimed at developing appropriate recommendations for the implementation of appropriate technology to enhance service delivery to the students and other stakeholders;
· Works closely with the faculty and departmental managers on matters relating to the administration of students education and training facilities, and academic programmes and courses;
· Plans, supervises and evaluates the performance of call centres in the university.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants must hold a Master’s Degree from a recognized university/ institution, qualifications in Education Management is an added advantage;
· At least three years’ working experience in working with academic records management position in a reputable University/institution of higher learning.
· Ability to interpret and follow- up on implementation of managerial decisions;
· Skilled in analyzing records and generate solutions;
· Ability to work independently and detail oriented;
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Outlook, familiarity with Access Publisher and able to adopt to home grown data analysis tools.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application together with the following:
· A detailed, signed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae of the plus names and contacts of three referees.
· Copies of the candidate’s academic documents.
The sealed applications must be marked as “CONFIDENTIAL”: POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR on the top right-hand corner of the envelope that must be forwarded or delivered to reach the University Secretary, P.O. Box 30866, Kampala.
E-mail applications to: email@example.com
Deadline: 4th October 2016 by 04.00 pm East African time
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline