Job Title: I.T Officer (2 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: ASA Microfinance (Uganda) Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: IT Manager
ASA Limited is an affiliate of ASA international Holding which is registered in Mauritius (”ASA International”). ASA International is a holding company that owns and operates microfinance institutions in different countries in Africa & Asia. The company currently has 43 (forty three) branches in Kampala, Wakiso, Mukono, Jinja, Iganga, Mityana, Rakai, Bugiri, Masaka, Pallisa, Tororo, Mbale, Lyantonde, Lukaya, Mbarara , Kumi, Ntungamo, Bushenyi and Luwero districts. The major objective of ASA Microfinance (Uganda) Limited is to offer affordable, flexible and need-responsive micro-finance products and services to the economically active poor people in Uganda.
Job Summary: The I.T Officer will provide daily IT support to the ASA staff and in the Branch offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving hardware, connection, Printer and software issues.
· Ensure the reliability of the local communications system: e-mail and Internet connections.
· The jobholder will update network applications as required.
· Replace or repair defective parts and equipment.
· Ensure that the virus protection software is installed on all machines and updated regularly.
· Provide timely user support and conduct technology training for new and existing users.
· Perform routine server monitoring and performance benchmarking.
· Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration, establishing connections and firewalls and routing protocols.
· Participate in the network upgrades by liaising with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
· Upgrade and update systems software as required.
· Ensure the network is secured by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
· Keep an up to date inventory of all IT hardware and software.
· Ensure that the Local Area Network is up and running.
· Manage contracts with external suppliers and service providers in IT purchasing.
· Complete special projects as and when requested.
· Work in liaison with the other departments in the organization to support overall department goals and objectives.
· Perform any other duties assigned to you from time to time by the management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The IT Officer should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
· At least two years’ experience in the similar field
· Age: Below 32 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a copy of their updated CVs with a cover letter (attached as one document) indicating three referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Deadline: 31st October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline