Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Organization: Bridge International Academies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. Bridge International Academies is an education innovation organization that designs technology-enabled, national-syllabus aligned primary and nursery school content to empower communities to give children a high-quality education. Bridge directly operates over 460 schools across Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria and India and acts as a government school operator for approximately 25 public primary and nursery schools in Liberia. In Uganda specifically we currently operate 63 schools across all regions of the country. Bridge works with parents, teachers and communities to provide the technology, training and resources to provide under-served communities with the support they need to deliver an education to their children that engages their hearts and minds, and ensures that they will complete primary school literate and numerate and able to take on the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish warehouse policies.
· The Warehouse Manager shall perform quality checks on all the goods received with the help of the User department. User Departments shall be involved during the delivery of the goods. Receipt and inspection of all arriving inventory by ensuring that they meet the specifications hence preparation of Goods Received Notes.
· In charge of the management of the outsourced warehouse services
· Come up with and maintain accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
· In charge of determining quantity and timing of deliveries and keeping up to date schedules to track lead times throughout the Warehouse process
· Working with department managers and other staff to come up with annual/quarterly Warehouse plans.
· Oversee and supervise daily warehouse operations including coordination of work between internal and external personnel (such as proper inventory control, proper releasing of cargoes to other agents and timely submission of documents to billing department)
· Responsible for mentoring staff stationed in warehouse in warehouse management best practice.
· Prepare stacking/storage plans for all store inventory.
· Guide on storage of material and ensure proper rotation.
· Monitor the quantity and quality of commodity (i.e.) stored.
· Carry out regular physical random warehouse checks of commodities and inventory.
· Prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal;
· Prepare and submit regular stocks reports and daily stocks positions;
· Prepare Stores Issue Notes when dispatching any goods from the warehouse.
· Support the ERP Project team in coming up with Bridge inventory catalog;
· Support School Operations, Training and Construction departments and other functions in their inventory/warehouse needs.
· Guide management on required areas of improvement to enhance Warehouse processes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Bridge International Academies Warehouse Manager career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics or other Social Science or related discipline or the equivalent
· Strong belief in the Bridge International Mission of creating high quality education services for the low income communities
· Professional qualifications in warehouse/Logistics/Supply Chain will be a key requirement
· At least six to ten years’ experience in management of Warehouse/ Inventory /Logistics and or Supply Chain services preferably for a large fast growing service or trading organization with multiple locations and diverse requirement
· Ability to handle administrative issues with multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams
· Previous exposure and experience with warehouse or Logistics management of construction materials in a large scale environment where both formal and informal vendors operate will be a definite advantage
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required
· Strong problem-solving skills: you should be able to identify the root cause, provide a solution, discuss the solution with Supervisor and help execute.
· Excellent interpersonal skills: you should be able to connect with our customer, the Academy Staff over phone and in-person at the training site; ability to communicate the Company HR policies with compassion and understanding.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you should be able to speak clearly and persuasively in all situations and also lead written communications to our Academy Staff on queries.
· Keen attention to detail: you should be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness of own work.
· Adaptability: you should be flexible and adapt to changing environment.
· Dependability: you should be reliable, consistent and alert your Supervisors in case of any changes to schedule well in advance.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy are encouraged to send their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Warehouse Manager.”
Deadline: 5th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline