Job Title: Voice, Messaging & Data Specialist
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Products & Services
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Voice, Messaging & Data Specialist will support MTN by developing consumer Voice, Messaging & Data products aligned with the segment value proposition in order to ensure profitability and continuous improvement taking into account technological advancement, competitor activity and marketing trends.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent manages the process and delivery of all consumer voice, messaging & data products as per the products and services roadmap and MTN Group strategy.
- Responsible for the lifecycle management of all consumer voice, messaging & data products in post launch mode.
- Regularly monitors and reports on the market, competitor innovations and technological advancements for the purpose of identifying potential products and services for development.
- Develops new voice, messaging & data products aligned to overall MTN strategy and operating model.
- Manages inter-departmental relationships between marketing and partners in Network, IT and Finance to confirm technical feasibility; with Business Intelligence team for economic feasibility as required; and with Customer Experience to ensure the all customer-centric support structures are in place.
- The jobholder will manage enhancements & changes to existing propositions with input from all stakeholders within the value chain and operational streams.
- Support the business intelligence teams in their function of business case formulation for proposed voice, messaging and data products.
- The incumbent supports the segment teams in their go-to-market plans and readiness of new voice, messaging & data products.
- Manages all testing of the voice, messaging & data products and coordinate with the Network, IT, Finance, Customer Experience and Segment teams for completion and consensus product testing prior to go-to-market.
- Support the segment teams responsible for maintaining up-to-date product information on all subscriber touch-points for all voice, messaging & data products.
- Keenly tracks performance of products/services against budget in terms of performance, uptake and profit, and liaises with relevant areas to develop and implement actions for improvement of performance.
- Supports the segment managers in the decision making for continuity/end-of-life management of product and service offerings as part of the lifecycle management role.
- Develops and maintains metrics & reporting mechanisms to monitor the voice, messaging and data products performance.
- Manages marketing & product research around consumer insights and market share and exploit findings for the benefit of the voice, messaging and data uptake.
- Develops processes to facilitate optimal functioning of voice, messaging and data products.
- The Voice, Messaging & Data Specialist will present ideas on product performance and fit to market requirements.
- The incumbent will identify trends/patterns pertaining to customer requests and needs and filter this information through to relevant business areas to continually improve all aspects of service delivery.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the MTN Voice, Messaging & Data Specialist job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Professional Marketing Qualification
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Product Management and Development in a Telecommunications Environment with experience in supervising/managing other
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Scanning skills- to set for new ideas, trends and principles
- Strong can-do attitude combined with an ability to use minimum resources to get maximum outputs
- Business acumen- understanding of the business as a whole
- Good networking skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the telecom industry should send/deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, Uganda at (MTN Towers)
Deadline: 26th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline