Job Title: Driver
Organization: John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Project Name: USAID’s Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 100 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years. The JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. ID a leading public health research and consulting organization.
About USAID MCSP Program:
USAID’s Maternal and Child Survival program aims to accelerate the reduction of Maternal, new born and child Mortality in USAID Priority countries with high disease burden such as Uganda though scaling up evidence based high impact interventions. Building on Experience, MCSP addresses major causes of mortality by influencing and implementing high impact and innovative interventions at scale based on the country context and data; building global consensus and sustained government commitment to support MNCH interventions; maximizing the use and integration of local programs
Job Summary: The Driver is responsible for providing reliable and safe driving services to JSI staff and visitors while ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client - oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Additionally, s/he drives the office vehicle for transporting authorized personnel and delivery/collection of mails, documents and other items for the JSI projects. Overall, the driver should abide by JSI Uganda policies and guidelines pertaining to project vehicle use and management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Driver will ensure provision of reliable and safe driving for JSI staff, officials and visitors
· Responsible for the safe delivery and collection of mail, documents and any other cargo.
· Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and tidy.
· Fill out a vehicle daily log sheet and carry out daily and weekly maintenance checks on the vehicle.
· The incumbent will request for fuel and submit all receipts for any expense incurred during any trip.
· Comply fully with JSI Uganda policies and procedures on the reporting of accidents involving JSI Uganda vehicle.
· The incumbent will report any damage, mechanical faults or mishaps that may occur to the vehicle.
· Ensure that the vehicle is parked safely at all times.
· Ensure availability of all required documents including, Proof of ownership, Valid driving license, vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, emergency phone contacts, first aid kit and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
· Prepare and submit a monthly report for the assigned vehicle
· Support administration in office messenger work including photocopying, delivery of correspondence, and collection of correspondence including quotations.
· Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold an Advanced level certificate
· Possess a Valid clean computerized driving license
· A minimum of six years’ driving experience
· Should have at least class B and CM driving classes
· Working knowledge of vehicle mechanics.
· Fluency of both spoken and written English
· Previous experience in working with Donor funded programs
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter, CV, copies of their testimonials and at least two professional referees, addressed to:
The Finance and Administration Manager,
P.O. Box 4978, Kampala, Uganda
OR hand deliver to Maternal and Child Survival Project,
Plot 95-97 Martyrs Way, Ntinda, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 16th September, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline