Job Title: Grants Officer
Organisation: RTI International
Funding Source: USAID and DFID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Grants Manager
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
About USAID GAPP Project:
RTI is the prime contractor for USAID funded GAPP program. The goal of this seven year program is to increase participation accountability and local governance for effective service delivery. To achieve this goal, GAPP will focus on three components: (1) Support and strengthen national level government accountability institutions in their interaction with local governments; (2) Strengthen local government revenue, procurement, financial and planning systems; and (3) Strengthen civil society organizations (CSOs) and other non-state actors (NSAs) to improve voice and accountability. GAPP will work at the national level and in at least twenty-five districts in northern Uganda, the Albertine region of Bunyoro, and central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Grants Officer will provide technical assistance, support and review all grants generated by the Governance, Accountability, Participation and Performance (GAPP) Program in Country Uganda. The incumbent of this position reports to and works in collaboration and consultation with the Grants Manager. This position assists in the management and delivery of GAPP’s Grants strategy and contributes to overall effectiveness and efficiency of program delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Grants Manager in implementing the GAPP grants program to ensure that the grants review and selection process is done in a manner that is responsible, professional, financially sound, and in accordance with USAID and RTI policies and procedures.
· Keenly review financial reports and invoices from grantees and ensure compliance with USAID regulations, RTI Policies and grant agreements.
· Ensure appropriate cashflow and financial reporting for all grantees and provide technical assistance for grantees to ensure compliance with financial reporting rules and regulations.
· Monitor grants awarded including agreeing appropriate outcomes and reporting regimes, analysing monitoring reports, visiting projects across the GAPP focus districts to see work in progress.
· Work closely with regional coordinators/ technical advisors to strategize and operationalize the grants streams supportive of the program.
· Facilitate regular communication with grantees, maintains cooperative partnerships between the program grantees and other possible stakeholders.
· Offer support in the development of and maintains the system of a database of grantees, including a tracking system that provides frequent updates on fund-flows, reporting requirements, audits, contract deliverables and budget revisions.
· Support the Grants Manager in the preparation and writing of progress and annual reports, annual work plans, status reports and other documents that may be requested by the COP or client.
· Document workshop outputs, meeting decisions, drafts presentations and supports the communication specialist in the identification, documentation and sharing of lessons learned.
· Represent the program at meetings, functions and events, some of which may occur outside normal office hours and may involve long-distance travel
· Perform other duties and tasks as requested by the Grants Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Master’s Degree and one year of relevant professional experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Accounting option), Finance and Accountancy or Bachelor of Commerce and with three years of relevant professional experience
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain and transmit information to municipalities.
· Ability to plan, develop, manage, and evaluate projects of the scope and complexity describe above is required.
· Broad knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques, and practices of the professional field of specialization indicated.
· Knowledge of the municipalities finance, perspectives, objectives and priorities.
· Working knowledge of Uganda regulations.
· Availability to travel within the districts of the project.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via E-mail to: email@example.com. Emails should not exceed 2MB. The applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email.
Deadline: 9th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline