Job Title: Senior Improvement Advisor
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID ASSIST Project:
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement (October 2012-September 2017) awarded to University Research Co., LLC and is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
Job Summary: The Senior Improvement Advisor will focus on improving health care through applying improvement (aka implementation/ delivery) science. The incumbent will work with the Uganda ASSIST team in designing, implementing, monitoring, and providing technical assistance to improve the quality of HIV/AIDs, PMTCT and TB services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer technical support to the HIV prevention, care and treatment portfolio of ASSIST in Uganda.
· Work in close collaboration with relevant staff identify priorities for community interventions with the aim to achieve goals set by the USAID Mission and Government of Uganda.
· Provide guidance and engage in knowledge management activities through writing reports, case studies, briefers and other necessary write ups.
· Work in close consultation with COP, liaise with USAID, PEPFAR, host country governments, and other partner and stakeholder representatives in implementing ASSIST’s mandate.
· Build the capacity of partners and district health teams and frontline workers in areas mentioned above wherever it applies.
· Identify priorities for interventions in HIV/AIDs, TB, PMTCT areas.
· Provide need based support for ASSIST led researches and studies.
· Perform any other task assigned by the Chief of Party.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the USAID ASSIST Senior Improvement Advisor job vacancy must hold a Master’s degree in public health, medicine, management, or social science. Doctoral degree preferred.
· At least ten years of relevant public health experience working in developing countries and the US on aspects of improving health care
· Knowledge of or willingness to learn Quality Improvement Science and methods
· Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
· Demonstrated leadership skills in guiding and mentoring staff and the ability to motivate staff, resolve conflicts, achieve consensus, and promote positive working environment
· Demonstrated ability to build networks and forge partnerships
· Familiarity with USAID contracts, rules and compliance regulations
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Track record of being able to produce contract deliverables in a timely manner, and flexible enough to adapt to changing work priorities
· Fluency in a second language in addition to English, is preferred.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply by visiting the web link below. You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline