Job Title: Research Officer
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID ASSIST Project:
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement (October 2012-September 2017) awarded to University Research Co., LLC and is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
Job Summary: The Research officer will be responsible for providing research support to the M&E department. This will include undertaking evidenced based practice, appropriate data collating and data analysis, and preparing appropriate briefs and documents containing evidence based assessments and any other relevant advice and recommendations in support of the work for the M&E department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out research duties associated with one or more research projects, which may include, for example: drafting literature reviews and analysis, developing, implementing and evaluating key stakeholder/expert interviews, planning and collating data from experts focus groups, collecting data for case studies of drafting reports based on the above
- Actively participate in data collection, analysis and preparing reports.
- Making sure that all the ethical and Government rules and regulations are respected in conducting project related researches.
- Ensure project resources are applied efficiently and effectively to achieve project objectives within established timeframes and project plans.
- Support the development of research methodology.
- Perform critical analyses of literature relevant to research.
- Assist in the preparation of research papers and manuscripts for publication and presentation at conferences and workshops, and in the writing of project reports, articles and other documents.
- Support the design and implementation of complex statistical techniques and data processing systems to code research data and prepare comprehensive reports on systems studies.
- Offer support in the establishment of test controls, criteria and research standards; design and oversee the construction of necessary equipment; and develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analytical methods and make recommendations for their utilization
- Accurately and clearly record all aspects of research including experimental design, rationale, methodologies, reagents, results, data, analyses and interpretation.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor/ Chief of Party
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the USAID ASSIST Research Officer job placement must hold a Master of Public Health with a focus on research is highly desired.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in leading researches, data management, statistical analysis and research.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working in the health sector.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the MOH HMIS systems/ handling public health data.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of statistical software packages (SPSS, STATA, EPIInfo).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, updated CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for three professional references and day time contact numbers to:
The Human Resource Officer- USAID ASSIST Project,
University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th September 2016
NB: Please indicate the position in the subject if you are sending electronically. Applications will be shortlisted as they come in and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline