Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID ASSIST Project:
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement (October 2012-September 2017) awarded to University Research Co., LLC and is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Assistant will provide HR support to the ASSIST Project, on various human resource functions while following URC policies and procedures as well as USAID rules and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer support in the recruitment process by compiling Job applications, screening candidates, setting up interviews for selected applicants and ensure that a conducive environment is available for interviews.
· Compile new employee starter pack and conduct induction and on>site orientation programs for all new project staff.
· Verify completion of all relevant hiring paper work.
· Send out appraisal reminders to supervisors and staff in a timely manner before expiry of staff contract of employment so decisions can be made on time.
· Assists staff in understanding and completing the performance appraisals process in a timely manner.
· Ensures that all new staff have set objectives/work plans for the probation period and New Year.
· Ensures appropriate and immediate handling of project staff enquiries, issues and requests for assistance in the absence of the HR Manager.
· Ensures that HR best practices are adhered to at the project by all project staff.
· Plays an active role in creating a safe and healthy work environment and support in organizing HR related organizational activities/functions.
Management of staff records:
· Establish and maintain the project personnel paper and electronic files in an organised and orderly manner so that records can be referred to and deciphered clearly in the event of an audit or need for historical information.
· Ensures that all documentation in relation to the engagement of Short Term Technical Assistance in liaison with the different technical area heads are completed in time and information necessary for the payment is made available to finance.
· Keeps all project staff information confidential and communicates only what needs to be shared when need arises.
Timesheet and leave management:
· Administers the staff leave roster and advises staff on their leave status quarterly.
· Ensure that staff timesheets are submitted on time and maintain a timesheet tracker.
· Do monthly field visits to support the team on HR functions.
· Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor/ Chief of party.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID ASSIST Human Resource Assistant job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences or Business Administration with a bias in HR.
· A minimum of three years of International NGO HR experience.
· Computer literacy i.e. proficient in use of Microsoft office Applications
· Excellent communication and ability to multi-task.
· Knowledge of Ugandan Labour laws, and high level of confidentiality is a must.
· Ability to work in a team.
· Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, updated CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for three professional references and day-time contact numbers to:
The Human Resource Officer- USAID ASSIST Project,
University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 23rd September 2016
NB: Please indicate the position in the subject if you are sending electronically. Applications will be shortlisted as they come in and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline