Job Title: Field Associate
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10026377
Vacancy Notice: 018/2016
Duty Station: Adjumani, Uganda
Post Grade: GL6
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Field Associate will keep frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information, to establish understanding of respective needs; to ensure provision of services and resolution of problems and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on subject matters which may be of importance to the Organization.
- The jobholder will monitor the situation in the AoR, collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Regularly monitor the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Undertake regular visits to various sites in order to assess needs of persons of concern, with particular attention to vulnerable groups.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- Act as interpreter when required.
- Actively contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports by providing info, preparing tables, etc.
- Offer support in the administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Routinely inform and act on the reports received on persons of concern within the refugee community or from the local authorities.
- Work in close coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- UNHCR policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a Participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Field Associate career opportunity should have completed Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- At least six years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills .
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position is desired
- Prior UNHCR field experience is an added advantage
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently, in a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of the UN system.
- Ability to work in remote areas.
- Fluency in English, Madi, Lugbara and Aringa
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 24th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline