Job Title: Data Management Associate
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10026382
Vacancy Notice: 018/2016
Reports to: Protection Officer
Duty Station: Adjumani, Uganda
Post Grade: GL6
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Data Management Associate will provide the incumbent with general guidance and work plans. The incumbent will work independently with oversight from the supervisor. Contact will be mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will assess the needs of persons of concern in the AoR and formulate project submissions in collaboration with district authorities and implementing partners.
- Actively promote and monitor the implementation of assistance projects.
- Report regularly on rate of flow of new arrivals and estimate expected influx based on interviews with persons of concern.
- Work in close co-ordination with implementing partners, assist with the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Keep track of cases of detention; register applicants for voluntary repatriation and family reunion.
- Offer support in the preparation of monthly sectoral reports and submit material for preparation of periodic project monitoring reports and year-end reports.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- The Office has reliable and up-to-date data on persons of concern.
- Standard and ad-hoc reports are produced. Trends and patterns of data are analysed and interpreted.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Data Management Associate job placement should have completed Secondary Education with certificate/training in Information Technology & Database Management.
- At least six years of previous relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software and database applications.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Training Skills are desired
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities is an added advantage
- Technical GIS knowledge is also desired
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently, in a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of the UN system.
- Ability to work in remote areas.
- Fluency in English, Madi, Lugbara and Aringa
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 24th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline