Job Title: Adolescent & HIV/AIDS Specialist
Organization: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Grade: NO-C
Reports to: Chief Zone Office
Vacancy Number: 497957
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
Job Summary: The Adolescent & HIV/AIDS Specialist will support UNICEF in the coordination and facilitation of the planning, harmonization, implementation and effective monitoring and reporting of the country processes that optimize the All-In strategy and other programming windows for a comprehensive Adolescent Health and HIV programme. The approach will utilize existing programming platforms within UNICEF structures and support for Adolescent Heath and HIV interventions in the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the timely sectoral analysis, input, support and collaboration to the Adolescent Health and HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment services. Situation Analyses, with consistent integration of sex-disaggregated data, and its periodic update made for effective project planning, development and management.
· Knowledge management effectively promoted through drafting/finalizing key sectoral programme documents and reports related to Adolescent Health and HIV And AIDS prevention, care and treatment services, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and knowledge/information exchange, especially the sharing of good practices in gender equality programming, including scaling-up to the national level.
· Sectoral work plan and activities formulated, implemented and monitored, ensuring alignment with the defined project strategies and approaches and integration with gender mainstreaming across sectors.
· Quality of rights-based Adolescent Health and HIV &AIDS prevention, care and treatment services projects /programmes effectively promoted, and coherence, synergy and value added to project management process through results-based management.
· Responsible for Project delivery, evaluation and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and ptransparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
· UNICEF's global goals effectively promoted through advocacy and policy dialogue in the HIV/AIDS sector with a focus on Adolescent Health and HIV And AIDS prevention, care and treatment services, focusing on the contributions of gender equality in achieving these goals.
· Proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability ensured regarding supply and non-supply assistance as well as disbursement of programme funds for the Adolescent Health and HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment services.
· Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration, sharing UNICEF's position on gender equality as useful.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the United Nations UNICEF Adolescent & HIV/AIDS Specialist job placement should hold an Advanced University Degree in public health, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or other health related sciences is required.
· At least five years of professional experience in public HIV/AIDS planning and management and/or in relevant areas of health care, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness, at the international level some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
· Significant experience in HIV/AIDS programme/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
· Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English.
Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity
Core Competencies: Communication, Drive for Results, Working with People
Functional Competencies: Leading and Supervising (I), Formulating Strategies and Concepts (II), Analyzing (III), Relating and Networking (II), Deciding and Initiating Action (II) and Applying Technical Expertise (III)
NB: UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations UNICEF in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to visit the link below to Apply.
Deadline: 20th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline