Job Title: Treasury Sales Dealer
Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Treasury
Housing Finance Bank was incorporated as a private company under the Companies Act in December 1967, the Bank has become a household name and has grown in leaps and bounds with a good track record among the pioneers of a mortgage lending. National Housing & Construction Corporation, a parastatal involved in real estate business has 5% shareholding and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) holds 50% and the Government of Uganda holds 45%. Today, the bank looks back with pride on the business accomplished in the mortgage lending business. Through innovation and placing emphasis on Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency and Customer care, Housing Finance Bank is the leader in the mortgage, holding a 90% market share.
Job Summary: The Treasury Sales Dealer will drive the sales function in the department focusing on new business which will grow interest income and foreign exchange trading income and also focusing on customer retention through effective relationship management within the risk management framework of the bank
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that the foreign exchange trading customer base and volumes grow to the required levels so as to be able to sustain consistent growth in foreign exchange trading income as per set targets
· The jobholder will grow the customer deposit base as per set targets which boost money markets trading and investments
· Manage the cost of new liabilities booked within budget estimates
· Ensure customer satisfaction through effective relationship management by doing regular visits, and timely feedback structure treasury business solutions for customers
· Coordinate with the direct sales staff, relationship managers and branch managers so as to be able to convert new business leads
· Ensure prudent risk management through satisfactory internal and external audits
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Treasury.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Housing Finance Bank Treasury Sales Dealer job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other relevant degree
· ACI certification
· A minimum of three years’ experience in a treasury sales function in a commercial bank
· Broad knowledge and understanding of treasury products
· Good sales background with excellent negotiation skills
· Good money market and foreign currency trading skills
· Broad understanding of financial markets
· Excellent numeric and analytical skills
· Impeccable level of integrity
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Banking sector are invited to send their applications including an updated CV, certified copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees addressed to:
Head Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue, P. O. Box 1539, Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applicants who will not have heard from us within five weeks of closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 21st September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline