Job Title: Training Manager
Organization: Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services is the body responsible for the provision of professional training in the financial sector in Uganda. It is a body corporate limited by guarantee and offers professional and skills courses for practicing and prospective staff of financial institutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will head the Training Function of the Institute and undertake all technical and administrative duties arising there from.
- Oversee the growth, development and review of Banking & Micro finance Training activities of the Institute.
- Manage all forms of trainings in the department and facilitate the development and delivery of Institute training programmes.
- Conduct regular training needs assessment for the Financial Services Industry in a bid to design relevant and competitive programmes/courses.
- Work closely with Training Managers of banks and Member Financial Institutions in the development of relevant trainings for the Financial Services Industry.
- Actively market the Institute’s training programmes.
- Work closely with Donor Agencies, the Uganda Bankers Association, other Apex Institutions and Industry Players in the joint development of training programs as well as generation of proposals to access funding of identified trainings.
- As member of the Institute’s Management Committee, advise Management on all aspects that pertain to the Institute’s training programmes.
- Supervise subordinate staff under his/her jurisdiction.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Banking and/ or Finance, Economics or business related field.
- A minimum of seven (7) years relevant working experience, at least two (2) of which should be at a senior level in a financial services or training services organization.
- Possession of professional banking qualifications at the level of Associate or Fellow will be an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Financial Services Industry as well as previous training experience in a higher institution of learning will be an added advantage.
- The Training Manager must be an experienced, agile and assertive individual with good analytical, relationship building, communication and business development skills.
- High integrity, agile and focused team leader.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both oral & written).
- Leadership skills - ability to lead a pool of trainers and subordinate staff to sustain a winning team.
- Relationship building skills - ability to network with stakeholders in the industry
- Business development skills - ability to win business from existing and prospective clients.
- Age: Above years
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications, along with copies of academic transcripts, detailed curriculum vitae and day-time telephone contact of three (3) competent referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
The Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services,
Plot 10 Buganda Road,
P. O. Box 4986, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 7th October, 2016 by 4:30 p.m
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline