Job Title: Team Leader
Organisation: RTI International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
RTI International is one of the world’'s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the ‘human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
The International Education Division is currently accepting applications for Team Leader candidates for an anticipated, 5 year, DFID-funded education-sector programme to improve the equity and quality of measurable learning outcomes for girls and boys in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Team Leader will provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise, and serve as the primary liaison with the donor on management and technical matters. S/he will maintain excellent working relationships with the client and ensure their agreement with the project's strategy, plans, and resource requirements. S/he will also be responsible for overall project performance, management, and execution and ensure quality and timeliness of project deliverables within budget and compliance parameters. The Team Leader will take a leadership role in coordination with the donor and key stakeholders, including the host country Ministry of Education and other implementing organizations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will manage technical and administrative personnel and subcontractors in the implementation of a large, complex education development project.
· Ensure that all activities meet or exceed project requirements, including cost, schedule and quality parameters.
· Act as the primary liaison with the donor on management, technical and strategic aspects of projects to maximize efficiency and impact, minimize costs and achieve sustainable results.
· Steer the coordination of project activities with a diverse group of stakeholders and beneficiaries, including ministries of education, regional and/or local education offices, school administrators and managers, teachers, civil society, and other program partners.
· Ensure internal integration of project activities through 1) an annual work plan and budgeting process, 2) creating/maintaining an effective project management team, 3) overseeing an effective monitoring and evaluation system.
· Provide leadership and oversight for areas such as finance, operations, human resources, reporting, and communications.
· Develop and implement practices to ensure a high level of staff morale and retention.
· Lead the preparation of all project progress reports with an emphasis on strong analytical content. Provide briefings to funding donor as requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a postgraduate degree in education or a related field from an accredited university.
· At least ten to fifteen years’ experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working on large donor-funded education projects.
· Previous experience successfully working as a Team Leader/ Project Director on DFID-funded education sector projects is highly desirable.
· Demonstrated experience in relevant technical fields such as primary education, education systems strengthening, education assessment, education management and leadership.
· Significant experience in project design, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation, education reform and institutional capacity development.
· Prior experience working in developing countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in East Africa. Experience is Uganda a plus.
· Must be diplomatic and politically savvy, as s/he will interact with host country government institutions and senior-level officials.
· Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver project outcomes within agreed timelines.
· Excellent representational and verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability.
· Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the RTI International should express their interest by applying online.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline