Job Title: System Administrator, Datacenter
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Job ID: 18804
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Data Centre Team Leader
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The System Administrator, Datacenter will support the Bank’s through performing the day to day administrative duties of the IT data centre operations. The incumbent will uphold confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Information Technology environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a smooth Daily Data Processing on Finacle and its Peripheral products
- Ensure a timely dispatch of Branch Refresh and data store Files to branches to start of day before the opening of business.
- Ensure submission of returns and daily reports to Johannesburg.
- Ensure system administration /system security maintenance activities.
- Stand in for the supervisor if unavailable
- Efficient backup management. Ensure that the system backups go through on a daily
- Ensure the restoration and testing of backups at the DR site
- Responsible for the transportation of tapes to the DR site (Pre replication project)
- Ensure proper running of the Disaster recovery site.
- The System Administrator, Datacenter will answer all calls into the data centre at all times
- Ensure timely provision of timely solutions to issues raised within issues tracker
- Attend production meetings during your shift
- Attend to calls during the time service desk team is out of office
- Attend to Infrastructure issues when the team is not in office
- Ensure compliance to audit requirements
- In charge of monitoring of systems using the ITM tool
Key Performance Indicators:
- Manages all data centre systems and applications
- Carries out troubleshooting and provision of solutions to customers as required.
- Conduct Daily Data Processing on Finacle Core and its peripheral products.
- Running backups for critical systems
- Escalate issues to the right people for resolution
- Proactive monitoring auctioning of alerts from ITM
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Stanbic Bank System Administrator, Datacenter vacancy should hold a Degree in a computer -related field.
- Broad working technical knowledge of information technology infrastructure.
- The applicant must possess advanced knowledge in managing relational databases (Oracle)
- Advanced proficiency in Oracle SQL language
- Proven ability to interpret complex data into meaningful information
- Finacle core administration skills
- Good knowledge on the AIX unix environment
- Programing skills is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Good system administration skills
- Active Directory Skills
- Demonstrable good track record and integrity.
- Good understanding of the current state and strategic direction of IT Infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of the business climate and technology needs in the global enterprise.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 11th September 2016