Job Title: Supervisor, Internal Audit – Grade 4B
Organization: Centenary Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Internal Audit
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,900 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Supervisor, Internal Audit will be in charge of planning, implementing and reporting on assigned engagements for large and more complex engagements in accordance to the annual audit plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify business objectives, understand risk inherent in activities to be audited and develop risk-based audit plans in assigned audit engagements
- Perform field work and prepare quality working papers in compliance with audit standards and policy in assigned areas
- Mentor and supervise staff on audit assignments, guide and develop staff in line with policy and training needs.
- Routinely review work of subordinates on audit assignments and ensure quality audit work papers in compliance with audit standards and policy.
- Prepare and submit quality drafts of audit reports for review by the assigned manager
- The incumbent will manage the performance of the engagement team ensuring that each team member is appraised after each engagement and mentor/coach to bridge identified skill gaps.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Centenary Bank Supervisor, Internal Audit job placement should hold an Honours degree in BBA, B.Com, Statistics, Economics
- The applicants must also hold professional courses e.g ACCA, CIA, CPA and CISA.
- A minimum of four years of internal audit experience in a banking environment with at least 1 year in audit supervisory role.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good interviewing skills
- Good report writing skills
- Decision making abilities
- High degree of Integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrable organizational, planning and analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of risk-based audit methodology, banking risks and related controls.
- Readiness to travel within Uganda and willingness to take up assignments in any part of the country
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional referees and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager Human Resources, Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 23rd September 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline