Job Title: Stock Assessment Scientist
Organization: National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO)
Duty Station: NaFIRRI- Jinja, Uganda
The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carry out rigorous practical and theoretical training in diverse disciplines under capture fisheries.
· Prepare a 20-page comprehensive examinable review of the entire Institute’s Annual Reports.
· Formulate and design two fundable scientific research proposals under the supervision and guidance of scientists.
· Conduct a resource evaluation study of a poorly investigated fish production system and develop a GIS-linked database of fish stocks.
· Conduct Frame, Catch Assessment, Travel, Gill-net and Hydro-acoustic Surveys.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Stock Assessment Scientist must hold a Degree (Upper Second Class) in Biology and Zoology, Chemistry; Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences with a minimum of three years demonstrated relevant working experience in a related field.
· Possession of a Master’s Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
· Age: Below 50 years
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join NARO are encouraged to send their applications to the Director General, NARO, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe, Uganda.
The complete applications should include three copies of your Curriculum Vitae and one copy of certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents. The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy (Check at top of the advert). The applicants should not apply for more than three posts.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline