Job Title: Stock Accountant/Controller
Organization: Balton Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Balton Uganda Ltd, a subsidiary of Balton CP, is the leading provider in Agriculture, Public Health, Electro Mechanical and Telecommunication, delivering superior products and value services including project management, consultancy and after sales technical support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Stock Accountant/Controller will ensure the smooth running of the inventory of the company’s ERP and auxiliary accounting system (SUN and ERM)
· In charge of monitoring all inventory transactions in the general ledger
· Support in organizing efficient and accurate physical inventory counts
· Guide management on the best suitable type of inventory method to be used
· Responsible for margin reconciliations - enhance reporting structure with margin information by product and variance
· Responsible for product costing - prepare and subsequently validate product costing for the new products and product changes
· Ensure system backup is done daily, weekly and monthly
· Ensure journal imports are done on a daily basis at the close of the day
· Keenly monitor the smooth operations of the accounting software and report any anomaly for follow up and action
· Prepare and submit monthly stock aging report on the day management accounts
· Reconcile the stock aging with the ledger and balance sheet
· Prepare the LA/IC reconciliations and establish cause of any variances
· Reconcile the GIT accounts ensuring correct postings, account allocations and schedule preparations
· Mentor, train and provide support to users of sun systems and ERM
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a University Degree in Commerce/Accounting or related field
· Professional qualifications is an added advantage
· At least three years’ experience in a busy trading organization.
· Knowledge of Sun system, ERM, Vision and system administration is a must
· Knowledge of management and cost accounting is a must
· Excellent analytical and numerical skills
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Word, Excel, outlook and power point.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a current CV including an application letter and copies of certificates with tree references are required. Independent reference checks will be carried out. The complete application package should be sent to the Human Resources Office, Balton (U) Ltd, Offices Mulwana Road, or via email address email@example.com
NB: Original certificates will be required for verification during the interview.
Deadline: 19th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline