Job Title: Project Director (Several Job Opportunities)
Organization: Compassion International
Duty Station: Masindi, Uganda
About Compassion Project:
Masindi Kitara Diocese (Anglican) is a Christ-centered Evangelical Diocese committed to fulfilling the great commission as mandated by the lord Jesus Christ in Mathew 28:16-20. It is currently working in partnership with Compassion International in the Ministry of Nurturing Poor Children, and releasing them from poverty in Jesus name.
Job Summary: The Project Directors is the team leader of the project staff at the child development center. The incumbent will provide knowledge, guidance, and technical skills to children, project committee, parents, fellow project workers and church leadership in areas of spiritual development, project planning and budgeting, comprehensive healthcare, social and skills development, and academic advancement. He/She is to ensure that all programmatic, financial, health and sponsor service aspects of the project are managed efficiently and effectively. S/he shall be an active minister in the local church where S/he is posted.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a strong Christian witness who demonstrates a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the church, and also faithfully upholds child ministry in prayer.
- Working within ones influence, serves as an advocate for children and their care givers who live in poverty and are not able to speak out for themselves. This includes being informed about issues affecting children and influencing others to greater involvement on their behalf.
- The jobholder directs the day to day running of the activities of the project tor effective
- implementation of the program.
- Prepares and submits reports to the church leadership and compassion as a means to monitor and evaluate the program.
- Supports the overseer in implementing the standards of the partnership agreement as the lead technical staff within the partnership.
- Uses his or her vast experience to challenge, motivate and encourage the church to think of other ways of mobilizing resources that can provide sound learning opportunities for children in all areas of child development in order to prevent creating a dependency syndrome.
- Discharge such other duties as assigned by Masindi Kitara Diocese leadership and Compassion office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a degree in Development studies, Social Work, Education, Child development and children’s Ministry, Business Studies, Social Sciences, Community Psychology and Theology. Formal training in counseling and child development will be an added advantage.
- The applicants must be mature born-again Christians with sound and living testimonies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team builder and willing to take initiative
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge in Basic accounting is mandatory.
- Previous experience and current knowledge of HIV/AIDS intervention is desirable
- Customer service-orientation
- Working ability to apply and adapt established accounting procedures to a variety of accounting transactions, problems and situations.
- Good written communications skills and strong verbal communication skills. Intermediate English ability is preferred
- Skills in project planning and management will be an added advantage.
- Previous supervisory experience desired.
- Ability to learn and is innovative
- Age: Between 30-35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit or hand deliver written applications with curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic documents, recommendation from their Pastors and church leaders addressed to;
The Diocesan Secretary,
Masindi - Kitara Diocese,
P.O. Box, 515, Masindi. Uganda
Deadline: 30th September 2016 by 5:00 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline