Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Job Summary: The BRAC International Young Professionals programme is designed for qualified and motivated individuals who have the desire to establish a career in international development, a proven track record of academic success and leadership capability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Field attachments with BRAC’s development and support programmes in remote locations of their home country.
· Classroom-based training on development programs and managerial skills at BRAC’s headquarters in Bangladesh.
· Exposure visits to development programs and social enterprises in Bangladesh.
· Short-term assignment with a specific programme
· Coaching and mentoring: A mentor will be allocated to each YP to help them navigate through BRAC and make the best use of their experience.
· Upon completion of training, Young Professionals will be given appointment in different BRAC programs and have the opportunity to fast track their careers towards managerial positions across BRAC International.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the Young Professionals Program must be Ugandans with valid passport and with a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from a reputed university with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 (in a scale of 4.0) or 4.5 (in a scale of 5.0)
· Professional experience of 2-3 years is desirable but not a must.
· Citizens of the following BRAC operating countries are eligible to apply: Afghanistan, Pakistan, Myanmar, Tanzania, Uganda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan and Liberia
· Fluency in English
· Commitment and drive towards improving the lives of people in your country.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Readiness to serve in field assignments in remote locations
· Flexibility and capacity to work in different areas of the organisation
· Readiness to uphold the BRAC values of integrity, innovation, inclusiveness and effectiveness
· Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to complete the Online Application Form at the link below and upload soft copies of the following documents;
· CV with contact information of two professional references (not relatives)
· Statement of interest (maximum 500 words)
· Passport size photograph
Deadline: 9th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline