Job Title: Senior Technology Incubation Officer
Organization: National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Director General, Agricultural Technology Promotion
The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Job Summary: The Senior Technology Incubation Officer will make sure that NARO’s products are transformed into agri-business enterprises through incubation process.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and operationalize NARO technology incubation policy frameworks.
- The Senior Technology Incubation Officer will plan and coordinate the profiling (including identifying, characterising, cost benefit analysis) of NARO technologies with potential for agri-business ventures.
- Guide the processes for establishing and managing technology incubation centres in NARO
- Coordinate the nurturing of potential incubatees and entrepreneurs, leading to investment opportunities for NARO products.
- Oversee the development of capacities and competencies for technology incubation in NARO.
- Carry out regular beneficiary assessments to get feedback and advise the research process accordingly.
- Manage the establishment of linkages and networks for creating market opportunities for graduated businesses (i.e. business support service)
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the NARO Senior Technology Incubation Officer job placement must be a Ugandan who possesses a good Bachelor’s of Science degree in Agriculture or biological sciences, plus a Master’s degree in agribusiness from a recognised university.
- At least four years’ experience in research products incubation processes.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of commodity value chains.
- Working experience of commercialising agricultural technologies.
- Previous experience in conducting market analysis to guide generation of commercial technologies.
- Proven skills in agro-business enterprise development.
- Good report writing and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work, and timely produce accurate results in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks to be handled simultaneously.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join NARO are encouraged to send their applications to the Director General, National Agricultural Research Organization, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe, Uganda.
The complete applications should include applications, detailed curriculum vitae giving day-time telephone contacts, names and postal/e-mail addresses and daytime telephone contact of 3 (three) referees of good standing in society as well as copies of professional certificates and testimonials.
Deadline: 7th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline