Job Title: Senior Outreach Officer
Organization: National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Director General, Agricultural Technology Promotion
The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Job Summary: The Senior Outreach Officer will ensure improved accessibility of NARO technologies by the intended users, and promotion of their utilization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will formulate and operationalise NARO technology promotion policy frameworks.
- Co-ordinate the establishment and maintenance of multi-stakeholder learning and action platforms in NARO to feed into the research and development process.
- Coordinate and guide the promotion of NARO technologies.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the deployed promotional approaches and methods.
- Conduct regular beneficiary assessments to get feedback on NARO technologies and advise the research process accordingly.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the NARO Senior Outreach Officer job must be a Ugandan who possesses a good Master’s degree in agricultural extension, agricultural sciences or agribusiness from a recognised university, following a bachelor’s degree in agricultural extension or agricultural sciences.
- At least four years’ experience in designing and executing outreach activities.
- Proven ability to develop and use appropriate outreach approaches.
- Working experience in repackaging research results or findings into appropriate information for different target audiences.
- Proven skills in establishing, working with and strengthening multi-stakeholder platforms.
- Previous exposure and experience in conducting market analysis to guide technology generation and uptake
- Good report writing and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work, and timely produce accurate results in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks to be handled simultaneously.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join NARO are encouraged to send their applications to the Director General, National Agricultural Research Organization, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe, Uganda.
The complete applications should include applications, detailed curriculum vitae giving day-time telephone contacts, names and postal/e-mail addresses and daytime telephone contact of 3 (three) referees of good standing in society as well as copies of professional certificates and testimonials.
Deadline: 7th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline