Job Title: Senior Officer, Adolescent Development
Organisation: Save the Children International
Reports to: Area Manager
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale. In Uganda, we implement programmes in six thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 240 persons. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. In 2014, we reached over 143 million children through our work around 52m directly and 91 million indirectly around the world.
Job Summary: The Senior Officer, Adolescent Development is primarily responsible for planning and ensuring quality and timely implementation of the SIDA funded Sexual Reproductive Health Project within the designated sub-counties in Wakiso District and ensure meaningful active participation of project beneficiaries. The incumbent is expected to implement the Project in a manner that promotes integration with other Save the Children programs and cross cutting themes such as gender, disability, child Protection and rights programming. The post holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Save the Children Senior Officer, Adolescent Development job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Sciences, Gender, Development Studies, Population Studies, Public Health or equivalent.
· At least three (3) years’ experience working in an Adolescent/Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights role in a both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children International’s priority sectors: education, protection, rights governance, HIV/AIDs, health and nutrition, child poverty and emergencies.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of ASRHR issues, as well as relevant human rights standards applicable in advancing rights of Adolescents and Youth.
· Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of project stakeholders including adolescents, parents, teachers, health workers, government officials, etc.
· Knowledge of major trends and current issues in Adolescent/Youth Sexual Reproductive Health.
· Previous experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing, stock, fleet, asset, construction, communications and security management.
· Past exposure and experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection is an added advantage.
· Excellent analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
· Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
· Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
· Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
· Excellent time management and planning capacity.
· Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
· Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send a copy of their updated CVs with a cover letter (attached as one document) indicating three referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Testimonials/certificates should not be attached to applications
· Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process.
Deadline: 23rd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline