Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organization: Ministry of Works and Transport
Project Name: Standard Gauge Railway Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Planning and Strategy
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Works and Transport is spearheading the development of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) network. The SGR project is being implemented over five (5) years as a regional project with Uganda’s partner states of Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. The objective of developing the SGR network is to provide a modern, fast, reliable, efficient, and high capacity railway transport system as a seamless single railway operation.
Job Summary: The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of SGR Project plans and activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will develop and manage comprehensive Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Frameworks;
- Provide guidance in the design, construction and utilization of data gathering/management systems and software to support monitoring and evaluation using tools, including Excel, Access, STATA and others;
- Keep track and participate in base line studies, process review, monitoring and evaluation and impact assessment studies;
- Provide technical support to uphold high standards of quality for monitoring and evaluation work, contributing to departmental and sectoral activities designed to enhance reporting;
- Develop and implement various standard monitoring and evaluation tools (including questionnaires and survey designs) for different work plans, research studies, and third party assignments;
- Undertake and coordinate monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of programs and initiatives of SGRP;
- The jobholder will develop M&E tools for different programs under SGRP;
- Participate in sector and thematic evaluations and learning products for assessing the development effectiveness of the project;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The applicants must possess the following:-
- A Bachelor (Hons) Degree in Economics and/or Statistics, from a recognized institution.
- Masters’ Degree in Economics/Planning/ Statistics or Monitoring and Evaluation from an recognised institution;
- A minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience in a Government institution or reputable organization.
- Personal Competencies: team work; planning organising and coordination; analytical skills; effective communication; ethics and integrity; result orientation
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send written applications with letters of recommendation from either the current or previous employer(s) covering the last three consecutive years of employment, copies of academic certificates & transcripts, previous and current appointment letters, curriculum vitae, and a recent passport size colour photograph.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Project Coordinator, Standard Gauge Railway Project,
P. O. Box 27756, Kampala. Uganda
Applications should be delivered to the …New Vision Offices…
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and Canvassing or lobbying by applicants will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates who present forged documents/testimonials will be arrested and prosecuted.
- Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked with both the position applied for and duty station.
Deadline: 28th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline