Job Title: Senior Manager-Regulatory and Compliance
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager-Corporate Services
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager-Regulatory and Compliance will primarily ensure compliance to internal & external processes and policies, applicable laws and regulations within the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Implement MTN Uganda Regulatory and compliance Agenda.
· Ensure that the Company complies with the license and the Regulatory obligations.
· Serve as a liaison officer between the company and the Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) as well as other Regulatory bodies (e.g.) NEMA, UIA etc.
· Provide input in Company Strategies for ensuring future compliance and mitigation of risk i.e. material legislations, fines and reporting requirements for various Regulators.
· Offer timely legal support into Regulatory policies/regulations, legislative framework and future impact of new Regulatory policies and legislation with a specific focus on compliance.
· Initiate and facilitate Governance compliance meetings to ensure relevant participation and provide direction and counsel to various discussions.
· Guide the company employees on legal Regulatory and compliance related issues and policies.
· Works closely with the local regulators UCC, the ICT Ministry and other Regulatory bodies to ensure that the Company policies are aligned within the requirements of the law for effective compliance
· Prepare and submit monthly regulatory requirements and Compliance Reports for Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the MTN Uganda Senior Manager-Regulatory and Compliance job opportunity must hold a four-year tertiary qualification in Law with a Diploma in Legal Practice
· A minimum of five years’ managerial experience; with at least three years in telecommunications or Banking
· At least five years of post qualification experience with at least 3 years in Telecoms/Legal/Accounting/Audit or Banking sector.
· Previous experience of local Regulatory landscape.
· Knowledge of Company law
· Ability to think innovatively
· Proficient knowledge of the regulatory and compliance environments
· Organizational awareness
· Decision making processes
· Entrepreneurial approaches
· Knowledge of political, regulatory, and general economic conditions of appointed region
· Telecommunications industries
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Ability to manage government relationships
· Ability to align MTN Group standards to local regulatory environments
· Excellent negotiation and dispute resolution skills
· Highly analytical demeanor
· Decision making
· Proven ability of dealing with complex situations
· Excellent presentation skills
· Good leadership skills
· A flexible personality
· Stakeholder influencing skills
· A results Achiever
· Highly developed emotional maturity
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees to Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O. Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers).
Deadline: 12th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline