Job Title: Senior Manager- Regional Operations
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager - Sales & Distribution
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager- Regional Operations will execute strategy, policies and procedures for the management of Regional distribution operations in MTN-U, dealers and franchisees to achieve set targets, meeting Prepaid Airtime and Gross Connection Sales targets for the company and assist GM- Sales & Distribution in the development of Regional Distribution strategy
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage stock planning, forecasting and analysis for distribution and regional distribution points.
· Manage the implementation and execution of Merchandising and brand visibility nationally
· The jobholder will deploy Regional staff to achieve departmental and Organizational objectives.
· Execute and monitor MTN Brand initiatives through Retail outlets and to ensure that high standards are maintained.
· In charge of the integration of stakeholders and management of regional cross functional teams in the regions.
· Deliver sales target for all products by executing the distribution strategy at the channel-partner level
· Keep employee-retention and motivation levels high through regular reviews of performance of Regional managers, retailers, sales representatives
· Ensure best-practices training and sound coaching to Regional Managers, Area Sales Representatives, and distribution partners to enhance overall effectiveness.
· Achievement of expansion targets through greater penetration and geographical expansion
· The incumbent will also develop the MTN Retail experience in MTN channel outlets
· Manage the MTN Customer Experience blueprints throughout the trade and retail environments
· Ensure stock levels and availability are maintained above set criteria
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the MTN Uganda Senior Manager- Regional Operations career opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration
· At least five years’ managerial experience; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
· At least five years’ experience in a Retail / Sales Management function.
· Retail Training/Channel/Distribution Management
· Brand Management / Brand Marketing training
· Attended training in trade marketing
· Knowledge of Financial procedures, procurement procedures etc.
· Working knowledge of retail / Dealer environment setting.
· Skilled and knowledgeable in dealer structure methodologies
· Channel Development strategies
· Must have the ability to build and work as part of a team, or independently.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent analytical skills and Problem solving skills
· Good relationship building skills
· Good critical reasoning & creative abilities
· Ability to work with minimum supervision
· Ability to have good judgment on integrity of data
· Organized and able to manage time efficiently
· Ability to link activities to business objectives
· Ability to take ownership and be accountable for actions
· Organized, enthusiastic and self-driven
· Ability to foster good relationships with internal departments
· Unquestionable professional and ethical standards and an ability to represent the company in highly confidential and sensitive matters;
· Resilience – maintaining composure and dealing effectively with stress
· Customer centricity
· Flexible and adaptable – changing opinions / behavior in the light of changing situations
· Creative in a marketing sense
· High levels of Integrity
· A positive, outward looking disposition
· Strong CAN-DO attitude combined with an ability to use minimum resources to get maximum outputs
· Good time management, specifically the ability to prioritize
· Flexibility-the ability to adapt and change in the internal culture
· A highly collaborative demeanor
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees to Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O. Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers).
Deadline: 9th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline