Job Title: Senior Financial Officer
Organisation: RUFORUM (Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Coordinator
Job Reference No: RUF/JOB/03/16
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), established in 2004, is a consortium of 42 universities in 19 countries of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa (ECSA). The organisation evolved from the Forum on Agricultural Resource Husbandry (FORUM) program of the Rockefeller Foundation. RUFORUM is registered as an International Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and has mandate to oversee graduate training and networks of specialization in the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA). RUFORUM has an MoU with the African Union for strengthening science, technology and innovation capacity in Africa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer technical support to the Regional Coordinator on financial management of the project, in accordance with the RUFORUM Financial Manual and The MasterCard Foundation Financial regulations.
· The incumbent will interpret and guide on budget control procedures, budget implementation and budget consumption.
· Prepare and submit monthly financial reports to guide internal unit operations and quarterly reporting to The MasterCard Foundation.
· Examine and advise on all requests for expenditure, funding commitments or funds transfers to ensure compliance with budget provisions and financial regulations.
· Ensure timely disbursement of funds to implementing partners.
· Prepare financial forecasts and cash flow projections on the basis of the existing or modified activities of the MCF@RUFORUM unit.
· Carry out due diligence and compliance checks and timely financial reporting and accountability of all disbursed funds.
· Actively facilitate and support MCF@RUFORUM students in financial literacy, business development and entrepreneurship skills.
· Perform any other duties as may be duly assigned by the Regional Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the RUFORUM Senior Financial Officer job vacancy must hold a Degree in Commerce (Finance and Accounting option), Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or equivalent.
· Professional accounting certification like Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
· A minimum of five years’ experience in budget preparation and control in large organisation including financial institutions.
· Ability to use financial and accounting software applications.
· Ability to undertake critical analysis of budget processes, expenditure control, budget performance and problems on finance and accounting.
· Ability to prepare and communicate accurate and quality financial reports according to prescribed reporting formats.
· Readiness to work over the weekends and travel at short notice.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications via email to email@example.com, or delivered in hard copy (with CD enclosed containing soft copy) to:
The Executive Secretary
RUFORUM Secretariat, Plot 151 Garden Hill,
Makerere University, P.O Box 16811, Wandegeya
(Ref: RUF/JOB/….: ...................)
Applicants should quote the reference number and job applied for, and should attach photocopies of necessary academic support documents, including letters from two referees. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Screening of applications will begin in November, 2016, and will continue until the post is filled.
Deadline: 30th September, 2016 by 17:00 Hrs
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline