Job Title: Senior Driver
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10026419
Vacancy Notice: 019/2016
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: Kiryandongo, Uganda
Post Grade: GL3
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Senior Driver will drive the Head of Office and other high ranking officials. The jobholder will ensure up keep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the organisation. The Senior Driver is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While the basic function of a Senior Driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, he/she may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles. The incumbent has regular contacts with staff within UNHCR office and with service providers outside UNHCR involving a limited exchange of information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will drive UNHCR vehicle for the Head of Office and other high ranking officials.
- Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers and delivery and collection of mail, documents, UNHCR pouch and other items.
- The Senior Driver will also meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Carry out day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean
Key Performance Indicators:
- Assigned UNHCR vehicles are properly maintained and equipped as per technical guidance and specifications established by the Organisation.
- Local traffic rules and regulations are strictly observed.
- Instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed by the Driver and the passengers during the journey.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Senior Driver career placement should have completed secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school.
- At least three years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Prior driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Good knowledge of English, Luo, Madi and Lugbara
- Excellent mechanical skills.
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 24th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline