Job Title: Senior Data Specialist
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation
Job ID: 13-9219
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Senior Data Specialist will support and strengthen the implementation of a robust HMIS in the supported districts, with the aim of ensuring comprehensive quality, timely and accurate reporting about the project progress. The incumbent will also ensure that both the facility and community based data is readily available for entry, analysis and reporting. He/ she will be responsible for all the data related to the project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ascertain the project’s data needs.
- Establish a clear and systematic mechanism for data collection and management (from community, facility and district).
- Build the capacity of staff and implementing partners in data collection, management, analysis and utilization.
- Ensure timely supply of all logistics needed for data collection and management at district, facility and community levels.
- Periodically review data collection tools and methods to meet the emerging issues.
- Ensure that implementing partners report accurately, timely and comprehensively using the established mechanism.
- Conduct periodical data quality assessments (validation or audit).
- Organize quarterly review meetings to share experience and give feed-back on the project performance.
- Liaise with district officials to carry out quarterly support supervisions.
- Mentor and supervise database clerks and officers.
- Participate in the strategic planning for the directorate and organization.
- Offer support implementing partners to develop protocols/ Standard Operating Procedures for data collection, management and reporting.
- Take lead in all activities that concern about HMIS including preparation of Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) reports.
- Establish and maintain a database for the different activities (including logistics and community).
- Initiate ideas that will improve HMIS in the supported districts.
- Work closely with other agencies implementing similar programs to strengthen Information Systems management and utilization.
- Actively participate in establishing baseline information for the project activities.
- Ensure that periodical reports are produced and submitted in timely manner.
- Participate in any other activities when the need arises and asked by senior managers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Senior Data Specialist job placement must hold a University degree in public health/ statistics/ economics/computing or related field. Possession of a post graduate diploma in computer science or a field related to information management will be an added advantage.
- At least four years working experience in database management, web based applications or any other field related to information management.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Previous experience in PEPFAR funded programs will be an advantage.
- Ability to travel to the supported district.
- Ability to work as a team and meet deadlines
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 29th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline