Job Title: Senior Corporate Finance Manager
Organisation: British American Tobacco (BAT)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The British American Tobacco is the only International tobacco group with a significant interest in tobacco leaf growing which works with thousands of farmers internationally. BAT runs leaf programmes providing direct agronomy support to farmer from aspects of crop production and environmental best practice. British American Tobacco is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Job Summary: The Senior Corporate Finance Manager will oversee and implement commercial strategies for the markets through driving initiatives and proactively providing commercial insights and management information for effective resource allocation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Steer the development of the BAT Uganda annual business and strategic plans ensuring the commercial results are delivered in a sustainable manner.
· The incumbent will drive value through sustainable pricing and excise planning within a changing tax and engagement environment.
· Ensure that the Company cashflows are regularly reviewed and updated and that the company operations are adequately funded.
· Ensure a strong system of Internal controls within the Finance department and across the business in general as per the requirements laid out in the Control Navigator and Standards of Business Conduct (SOBC).
· Ensure that Company transactions and dealings are in alignment with the existing tax laws and regulations and that all taxes are paid in time.
· Ensure all processes related to financial accounting are fully compliant with the company’s internal policy (delegation of authority, segregation of duties etc)
· Make sure that monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts (accounts receivable, accounts payables, bank balances and fixed assets) and have them appropriately signed of.
· Drive the talent strategy for BAT Uganda to improve the leadership pipeline and ensure proper succession planning.
· Drive Commercial Finance skills and capabilities development across the business.
· The incumbent will build cross- functional collaborative working relationships where information and resources are shared in the pursuit of business goals
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the BAT Senior Corporate Finance Manager should preferably hold a University degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related business discipline.
· Professional accounting qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA will be an added advantage.
· At least six years of Finance/Accounting experience in a multinational Finance environment.
· Previous experience and sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards principles, local tax laws and accounting practices.
· Broad knowledge and understanding and awareness of all other Functions and their interface with Finance
· Result oriented, self-driven, innovative and excellent planning ability
· Excellent communication and influencing skills
· Good leadership and team playing ability
· Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
· Thorough understanding and knowledge of financial and desirable management and systems
· Proactive participation and involvement with the business in order to identify the opportunities for improvement.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the British American Tobacco (BAT) should express their interest by applying online.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline