Job Title: Revenue Assurance Operations Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager-Revenue Assurance & Subscriber Fraud
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Revenue Assurance Operations Manager will lead MTN’s execution of the Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management strategy; Cultivate a culture of financial risk awareness and manage the incident management process relating to revenue and cost-impacting issues in alignment with the Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management (RAFM) policies, processes and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Formulate and implement plans for the execution of the Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management operational framework and support the MTN Group Risk and Control Framework implementation.
· Provide inputs into the budgeting process for the RAFM function, manage RAFM Operations budget, and determine initiatives to optimize resources in line with the agreed budgets
· Establish a robust and comprehensive Revenue Assurance control and processes environment and ensure the continuous improvement through implementing Revenue Assurance Best Practices in line with the local RAFM Controls & Processes and MTN Group RAFM Best Practice.
· Oversee the process for implementation of the different MTN projects by ensuring that solution design and requirements are clearly defined and agreed upon and implementations of the controls is managed in the stipulated timelines and meets quality standards.
· The incumbent will research industry trends in relation to operational control frameworks, identify new areas of risk, make and foster implementation of improved methods of control performance.
· Provide input into a blue-print for Revenue Assurance operations infrastructure, including location and ownership of service performance as well as technology, people and process requirements.
· Oversee the control performance of the Shared Service Centre, by ensuring timely receipt, validation of accuracy and completeness of data from all source systems, control execution as per the agreed schedule and identify exceptions, issues and incidents.
· Oversee the incident management process for MTN Uganda, including keeping track of the incident resolution workflow, escalation and communication of the impact of the issues to the concerned parties and ensure such incidents are closed with final quantification and benefits identification.
· Stay abreast with Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management technology capabilities, trends and future solutions and participate in the specification, evaluation, design and implementation of technologies.
· Make recommendations on the tactical and operational improvements required to reduce and mitigate risks identified, monitor and report on improved results and residual risk levels.
· Building operational relationships with key stakeholders and customers and educate them on the role of Revenue Assurance to ensure continuous improvement in Revenue Assurance operational performance.
· Develop RAFM policies, processes and procedures and ensure monitor adherence to them across the organization.
· Actively participate in audit planning and support auditors during the performance of the audit and monitor for timely and effective issue resolution and closure.
· Prepare and submit periodic reports on both the quantitative and qualitative Revenue Assurance metrics.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the MTN Uganda Revenue Assurance Operations Manager career opportunity must hold a University Undergraduate Degree (B.Comm /B.Acc /Computer Science/Software Engineering/ Actuarial Science)
· Possession of a Post Graduate Qualification (MBA/ACCA/CPA) will be added advantage
· At least five years’ experience in the Revenue Assurance operations role for a complex, technology-oriented industry; 3 of which are in internal control and governance systems environments with experience in supervising/managing others.
· Significant experience in managing activities in a cross functional business environment or Shared Service operational environment is an added advantage.
· Good knowledge and appreciation of telecommunications technology
· Training in Industry training for Revenue Assurance practices
· Training in Telephony Network and IT Systems
· Industry training for Fraud Management practices
· Audit Qualification (CISA / CISM / CRSIC)
· Project Management Accreditation (PMI / PMBOK)
· Strong intellect, analytical and synthetic skills,
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Good presentation skills
· Good problem solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Well-developed people management and leadership skills
· Highly self-motivated.
· Strong leadership and influencing skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and cross cultural skills
· Flexibility – the ability to adapt and change in the light of changing circumstances / new information
· Coaching skills – to develop the team and staff
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees to Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O. Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers).
Deadline: 9th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline