Job Title: Research and Grants Officer
Organisation: RUFORUM (Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Coordinator
Job Reference No: RUF/JOB/01/16
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), established in 2004, is a consortium of 42 universities in 19 countries of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa (ECSA). The organisation evolved from the Forum on Agricultural Resource Husbandry (FORUM) program of the Rockefeller Foundation. RUFORUM is registered as an International Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and has mandate to oversee graduate training and networks of specialization in the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA). RUFORUM has an MoU with the African Union for strengthening science, technology and innovation capacity in Africa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer timely technical support to grant applicants, research teams and collaborating stakeholders under the MCF@RUFORUM unit.
· Compile and verify competitive grants applications under the MCF@RUFORUM unit
· Regularly track implementation of all MCF@RUFORUM unit Community Action Research Programs (CARPs) and Entrepreneurship Challenge Grants.
· Actively facilitate the engagement of the Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVETs) institutions in the CARPs process.
· The incumbent will facilitate organisation and convening of Principal Investigator (PI) meetings including the PI orientation meetings, peer-review of research and innovations meetings.
· Ensure the implementation of operational research for tracking impact and returns on investment in the CARPs and the Entrepreneurship Challenge Grants
· Actively facilitate further development of competitive grant projects development to ensure sustainability of the MCF@RUFORUM unit.
· Prepare and present regular monthly and quarterly analyses on MCF@RUFORUM unit grant data and grant performance.
· Undertake data generation and analysis to develop technical and scholarly articles and policy briefs from MCF@RUFORUM competitive grants.
· Perform any other business as may be assigned by the Regional Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a PhD in Agricultural sciences, or any other relevant field
· A minimum of three years serving in a university, higher education learning institution, research facility and/or Non-Governmental Organisation with a research led focus.
· Previous exposure and experience in facilitating participatory processes especially action research and outreach.
· Readiness to work over the weekends and travel at short notice.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications via email to email@example.com, or delivered in hard copy (with CD enclosed containing soft copy) to:
The Executive Secretary
RUFORUM Secretariat, Plot 151 Garden Hill,
Makerere University, P.O Box 16811, Wandegeya
(Ref: RUF/JOB/….: ...................)
Applicants should quote the reference number and job applied for, and should attach photocopies of necessary academic support documents, including letters from two referees. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Screening of applications will begin in November, 2016, and will continue until the post is filled.
Deadline: 30th September, 2016 by 17:00 Hrs
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline