Job Title: Research and Evaluation Advisor
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID ASSIST Project:
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement (October 2012-September 2017) awarded to University Research Co., LLC and is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
Job Summary: The Research and Evaluation Advisor will conduct operational research for the USAID ASSIST project
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer technical support to R/E portfolio and M/E department based on need.
· Lead/Support research on behalf of the ASSIST project. Provide support to the RBF study and operation research on improving TB case detection rate.
· Work closely with MoH and other Government agencies to facilitate research and evaluation activities conducted by ASSIST.
· Assist the responsible staff to ensure best practices identified through operations research become the standard of care at all USAID ASSIST supported sites and communicate with the MoH and other partners.
· The incumbent will identify additional areas for operations research.
· Develop and submit timely work plans and budgets j for all assigned research and evaluation activities
· Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID ASSIST Research and Evaluation Advisor job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, or any other applicable medical field
· Possession of a Master's Degree in Public Health, or any other similar area
· Previous experience conducting evaluations in the health sector
· Prior experience demonstrating TB and Results Based Financing expertise is an added advantage
· Experience of working with the Ministry of Health and Government agencies.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, updated CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for three professional references and day time contact numbers to:
The Human Resource Officer- USAID ASSIST Project,
University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 23rd September 2016
NB: Please indicate the position in the subject if you are sending electronically. Applications will be shortlisted as they come in and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline