Job Title: Relationship Manager-Commercial Banking
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18834
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager-Commercial Banking will execute the Commercial Banking Customer Value Proposition (CVP), Industry Value Propositions (IVPs), initiatives and activities aimed at optimising both customer experience and profitability for the bank for the Chinese businesses. To grow and retain a portfolio of high value Commercial Banking relationships by performing proactive and value adding portfolio management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the achievement of financial and non-financial targets for the portfolio.
· To execute an effective relationship management strategy in line with overall Commercial Banking strategy of leading with Transactional Banking.
· Carry out customer value chain analysis (CVCA) to gain an in-depth understanding of the customer’s business and identify opportunities linked to the strategies of the customer’s business.
· Ensures a deep understanding of the Commercial Banking customer’s business through regular value-adding interaction with the customer at their place of business.
· Completes a customer value chain analysis to further understand the customer’s needs and identifies sales opportunities and deploys banking solutions to meet those needs.
· Identifies opportunities to migrate Commercial Banking customers to the more appropriate customer value proposition.
· Regularly monitors and manages (in collaboration with internal business partners) the delivery of service in line with service level agreements, standards and turnaround times within the Business Centre.
· Frequently sources feedback on the customer experience and service levels and addresses areas of concern as a matter of priority.
· Executes sales growth tactics and targets in collaboration with business partners (e.g. Trade, TPS, Global Market, Executive /Private Banking, Vehicle and Asset Finance; Property Finance: new Business Online; Bancassurance and any other business partners).
· Responsible for maintaining a healthy link between the Balance Sheet and Income Statement through managing the margins at which facilities are made available to clients in the portfolio.
· Implement and control the pricing tactics and parameters for the portfolio in line with pricing policy and financial targets.
· Drives the growth of non-financial performance such as DTF ratio, new customer acquisition, Net Promoter Score, updated customer information, accurate segmentation of customers in the portfolio.
· Regularly monitor of daily referrals to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit. Exercising discretion regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities.
· Takes personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring of the Relationship Manager Assistant.
· Encourages team members to express their views, resolves issues raised by the team, escalates issues if required, and provides feedback to teams on an ongoing basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Relationship Manager-Commercial Banking job opportunity must hold a business-related tertiary qualification e.g. Business Degree
· Previous portfolio relationship management experience as a Business Manager and/or Relationship Manager managing a portfolio in the Business Banking or Corporate Banking environment.
· At least six months of previous working experience in Credit is preferable to gain practical exposure to lending principles and to establish credible relationships.
· Proven ability to analyse customer needs by engaging with them, analysing their business objectives and their financial position.
· Broad working knowledge and understanding of the process and thinking required to formulate objectives and priorities, and implement plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organisation in a global environment. The ability to identify and capitalise on opportunities and manage risks.
· Demonstrated ability to translate the organisation’s vision and long term goals into medium and short term deliverables.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of costing, budgeting and finance concepts and the understanding and application of related processes and procedures.
· The ability to analyse business financial performance as well as competitor and external factors as it would apply to the Commercial Banking Segment in the organisation.
· Knowledge and understanding of the features, benefits and pricing of the products and services on offer to Commercial Banking customers.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 12th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline