Job Title: Registration Officer
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Registration Officer will provide registration skills and services as an essential tool for protection and management of operations, and for the achievement of durable solutions to the South Sudanese Refugees Emergency Operations in Bidi Bidi resettlement site. The position will also be responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring registration, population data management, and other registration-related. His/her work will strengthen and improve the standardized collection of individual data from persons of concern, according to the priorities identified by an operation, and in compliance with its overall protection strategy. The responsibilities also include the analysis and dissemination of aggregate population data, which will inform programme planning, protection interventions and statistical reporting activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will design appropriate registration strategies and approaches for populations of concern in compliance with the protection strategy of the operation, ensuring that registration standards are met and that appropriate methodologies and technologies are implemented
- Advise and provide technical support to camp based volunteers’ staff on planned registration activities.
- Plan, implement and monitor registration-related operational projects, to ensure that provision is made for material and human resources to adequately support the process.
- The incumbent will coordinate registration activities between camp and HQ offices to ensure data quality, standardization and consistency of data management.
- Support the coordination of emergency preparedness and response measures relating to registration liaising with OPM/UNHCR and other Donors/partners to develop and implement appropriate responses.
- Coordinate and liaise with partners in the planning, implementation, analysis and dissemination of the results of registration activities.
- Develop data sharing agreements in close cooperation with Protection partners.
- Work in close cooperation with Protection staff; design, implement and monitor referral mechanisms for persons of concern who may require follow-up protection interventions.
- Offer support in developing data management approaches and processing methodologies for efficient and accountable delivery of assistance;
- Provide training to URCS support volunteers and staff in registration methodologies, technologies and standards, to enable them to conduct registration activities and to manage registration and case related data on a continuous basis.
- Standardize consolidation and timely dissemination of reports and statistics on persons of concern;
- Document and report on registration activities at the operation and report on the impact of support interventions to the management of operations.
- Work in close consultation with the Operations Manager and Camp Manager, design, implement and monitor referral mechanisms for persons of concern who may require follow-up protection interventions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society Registration Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Population Movement, Data management, Protection, Law, Statistics, Information Technology or other related field.
- Possession of a post graduate qualification in a related field is an added advantage
- At least three years’ experience in the humanitarian sector, in particular in deep field locations, will be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility and organizational skills with strong capacity in multitasking.
- Demonstrated computer skills, particularly in data management.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- High level of integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 23rd September 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline