Job Title: Regional Coordinator
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Project Name: Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains (REACH) project
Funding Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
About REACH Project:
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) has submitted a proposal for the REACH (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) project to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kampala, Uganda. The project will improve market engagement for 40,000 market oriented farmers, strengthen household resilience and increase availability of agricultural support services for farmers and businesses in the rice and potato value chains in consideration of their strategic importance to the Government of Uganda and EKN.
Job Summary: The Regional Coordinator will serve as the Head of Office in either Mbale or Kabale and will be required to demonstrate leadership and help coordinate the activities of both the agronomic and agribusiness elements of the project as they work towards the accomplishment of the projects objectives. This will include assisting in the synchronization of work plans and field activities, monitoring of work plans for activity accomplishment and assisting in the monitoring of partner contracted outputs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a leading role in the coordination of activities between both the Agronomy and Agribusiness elements of the project and will be responsible for assuring achievements of work plan activities and outcomes.
- Assume a leading role in the monitoring of implementation partner performance and coordination of activities to ensure that they are fully accomplishing their contracted targets / milestones.
- In charge of coordination to ensure staff participate and effectively monitor grant /grantee monitoring.
- The incumbent will represent IFDC at district and regional forums ensuring the vision and mission of the organization is well communicated
- Assume a leading role in the coordination of administrative activities for the regional office.
- Work in liaison with partners to assure a high level of farmer adoption of commercialized and climate smart farming practices
- Work closely with partners and project staff to assure accurate data collection and reporting
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Regional Coordinator job opportunity must hold an honours degree in Crop Science/Agronomy/ Business and Administration
- At least seven years’ experience with a recognized organization including extensive experience in management
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and to build and maintain office cohesion
- Ability to coordinate training programs, field days, and other events
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in English
- Computer literacy skills: Microsoft Office, internet communications
- Fluency in language(s) in region of operation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team; strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel extensively in region of assignment
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) should Apply Online by clicking on the link below. Follow the instructions on how to create resume and Apply.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline