Organisation: ActionAid Uganda (AAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Policy, Advocacy & Campaigns
ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the ActionAid Uganda (AAU), a national development organization registered under the laws of Uganda and with a local Board.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will manage the Fair Green & Global Project on Land and Tax Advocacy and Campaigns agenda in line with the project document and organizational strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, prioritize and plan for FGG land and tax campaigns and advocacy work under FGG.
- Develop and share quarterly reports with management and donors.
- Engage in day-to-day communication with partner organizations at all levels.
- Offer support to partner organizations in the design and delivery of tax and land rights campaign and advocacy actions.
- Develop advocacy and campaign messages for on tax and land in liaison with the communications officer
- The incumbent will formulate and periodically update the advocacy and campaigns risk matrix on land and tax.
- Collect, compile and share baseline data on advocacy and campaign’s in line with AAU M&E framework.
- Identify, review and share periodic updates on the trends of key research issues for advocacy and campaign’s on land and tax
- Organize, document and share outcomes from quarterly reviews and reflection meet-ings on land and tax advocacy and campaign’s work.
- Document and share land and tax advocacy and campaign results and learning in line with Communication strategy and other AAU/AAI related guidelines.
- Periodically contribute to media, newsletters, articles and magazines with content from AAU advocacy and campaign interventions.
- Develop land and tax campaigns’ monitoring and evaluation plans and frameworks in liaison with the IASL unit.
- Roll-out campaign strategies and messages for uptake by various stakeholders
- Build and develop a database of individuals, networks and of activists for movement building
- Send feedback and monitor the implementation of agreed actions from networks and coalitions
- Organize and participate in strategic actions and events within AAI federation, civil society, and citizen formations at the different levels
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Action Aid International vacancy should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Agriculture, Law, Economics, Political Science, Human rights, Development studies or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a relevant post graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- At least four years of experience in a similar field.
- Good project planning and management skills
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of tax justice and land rights issues
- Campaign planning and execution
- Public policy formulation and analysis skills
- Good research and analytical skills
- Policy analysis and formulation skills/knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Building and nurturing social movements, networks and coalitions
- Critical writing and oral communication skills
- Good negotiation and mediation skills
- Self-driven, innovative and result oriented
- Extensive relationship management
Note: This job advert has been re-advertised and those who applied earlier need not express interest again.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should deliver their application letters, CVs and copies of Academic documents with details of at least three (3) referees one of which shall be from your most recent employer. The complete applications should be hand delivered or sent by email to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org addressed to: The Director Human Resource and Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid Uganda Plot 2514/2515 Ggaba Road, Opposite Kampala International University, P.O. Box 676 Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 6th October 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline