Job Title: Programs and Administrative Assistant (PAA)
Organization: Better HAG Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Better HAG Uganda is a local non-profit organization mandated to address SRHR, HIV / AIDS, MNCH and OVC.
Better HAG Uganda is going to work with Amplify Change to implement a 2-year “Powered Health Initiatives (SRH) and Rights” Project aims to improve the Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) situation of young people through improving access & quality of SRHR education, improving access & quality to SRH services & helping to create a more enabling environment for SRHR. The project will be delivered by the “Coalition of rural Youth and Women’s Rights – CYWR” – a Consortium of 4 CSOs under the Captaincy of Better HAG Uganda. The other implementing partners include Treasure Woman Foundation (TWF), Girl Help and Sorry Comes after Danger (SCAD).
Job Summary: The Programs and Administrative Assistant (PAA) will take responsibility of planning, coordinating, monitoring & implementing of the “Powered Health Initiatives (SRH) and Rights – Manafwa district” Project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project management, development, monitoring and evaluation:
· Assist in developing sound project work plans and activities consistent with the goals and objectives of the donors.
· Provide program support to Better HAG Uganda’s district branches in order to strengthen capacity.
· Involve/include local CBOs in all aspects of planning and implementation in order to promote and maintain sustainability.
· Support the M&E Officer in submitting timely technical monthly reports in provided format to the executive director for review before being shared with the donors and other stake holders
· Participate in all Better HAG Uganda’s resource mobilization drives including but not limited to; proposal development, lobbying in corporate institutions and ensuring profitable links and partnerships with civil society organizations
· Work closely with the M&E officer to ensure that there are onsite project monitoring visits with stakeholders in addition to organizing bi-annual stake holders’ meetings
· Prepare activity reports
Administration: The Programs and Administrative Assistant (PAA) will also be responsible for providing administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations at Better HAG Uganda Head Offices.
· Provide administrative support to ensure that Better HAG Uganda operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
· Type correspondence, reports and other documents
· Maintain office files
· Open and distribute the mail
· Take minutes at meetings
· Distribute minutes
· Coordinate repairs to office equipment
· Provide support to Better HAG Uganda to ensure that the organization is provided with the resources to make effective decisions
· Maintain confidential records and files Maintain records of decisions Arrange for payment of honorariums
Research and assist with the preparation of motions, policies and procedures
· Prepare correspondence for Board members
· Prepare documents and reports on the computer Schedule Board meetings
· Prepare agendas for Board meeting
· Prepare packages for Board meetings
Provide receptionist services: Greet and assist visitors Answer phones Direct calls and respond to inquiries
Accounts Assistant Role:
· Support the Finance and Administration Manager in processing and reconciling a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, bills, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, supplier/contractor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information;
· Prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports;
· Compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Programs and Administrative Assistant (PAA) job opportunity must hold a University degree in a relevant discipline
· At least three years of progressive work experience with a reputable Non-Governmental Organization.
· Significant experience in secretarial services, project cycle management, monitoring and evaluation and health related advocacy.
· Previous exposure and interest in working with young people in the area of SRHR/HIV/AIDS.
· Good report writing skills
· Good team player
· Good networking and communication skills (oral and written).
· He/she should be dynamic, self driven, exhibit high initiative and work under minimum supervision has computer software skills (standard applications in MS office).
· Age: Between 26 and 35 years
NB: Qualified females are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an application letter with current detailed CV indicating three references, two of whom should have been direct supervisors. Please address queries and applications to the Executive Director, Better HAG Uganda and send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please copy email@example.com and in your correspondence) or hand deliver sealed applications to either;
Plot 147, Kisingiri road, Off Sir Albert Cook Road, Mengo Town, Kampala
St. Lawrence House, Bupoto road
Opposite Magale Sports Ground
Magale Town Council
Deadline: 9th September, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline